Tax Senior - Sustainability, Climate & Equity - Tax Transparency and Governance
Our Business Tax Services (“BTS”) practice provides our clients a broad range of tax services across more than 150 countries and regions worldwide. Deloitte Tax is growing tremendously to serve clients as they integrate tax into their accelerated focus on environmental, social & governance (“ESG”) assessment, disclosure, assurance, and broad regulatory readiness. If you have a passion for sustainability or ESG and have relevant experience in tax transparency and governance, tax compliance, tax operate, or tax technology, Deloitte Tax LLP’s (“Deloitte Tax”) BTS practice may be the place for you! With the focus on climate change and societal impacts, companies are increasingly focusing on decarbonization and reducing the environmental impact of their products, processes, and services. A career in the BTS practice will provide you with the opportunity to provide high-value sustainability and ESG services to some of the world’s largest companies in a variety of industries. Be on the cutting edge of a rapidly growing practice and work with a well-respected team of proven innovators!
What you’ll do:
As a Tax Senior within the Sustainability, Climate and Equity: Tax Transparency and Governance practice within our Business Tax Services group, you will provide tax consulting services related to tax governance, internal controls and tax transparency reporting to support our client’s adoption of various global sustainability standards. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building education and awareness within Tax and with other Deloitte businesses (Deloitte Consulting, Advisory and Audit & Assurance) of our Tax Transparency and Governance offering within Sustainability, Climate and Equity
- Continue to build skills and experience to become a Subject Matter Expert in Tax Transparency and Reporting
- Completing workplans as it relates to governance and SOX internal controls projects and reporting projects
- Data mapping for tax and other ESG data – assessing best approach to gather tax data including ERP systems or manual data extraction.
- Analyze tax data for reporting readiness– including errors in data and strategy in what is disclosed
- Write up a gap analysis report on tax governance maturity
- Attending client & stakeholder workshops, including interviews with tax leadership executives, to capture and analyze findings on data and tax governance
- Working closely with PPMDs, Senior Managers, and Managers to help build out materials for a growing and developing practice including standardizing templates, implementing process improvement solutions, and designing new best practices to use across multiple clients.
- Working closely with other Tax Transparency and Governance offering PPMDs and Senior Managers to build out and execute on our strategy as it relates to Tax Transparency and Governance, including, targeting efforts, marketing, and teaming with other Deloitte businesses
- Partnering with ESG groups across the green dot on market strategy – including other tax groups (Credits and Incentives, Indirect/Excise Tax, etc.), Audit, Consulting, and Advisory
We have dedicated tax professionals that are committed to executing on implementing our firm strategy with respect to supporting our clients with their Sustainability, Climate and Equity initiatives. The professionals that support this important Strategic Growth Offering are based in various service lines across tax. The Tax Transparency and Governance practice within Sustainability, Climate and Equity resides in Business Tax Services. At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds and provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services and solutions pertinent to our client’s business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client’s organization. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance and reporting, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax technology consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, law, business administration, economics, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in federal tax compliance, federal tax accounting and provisions, tax analysis, and tax research
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing and able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Other- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) may also be acceptable depending on the specific role and business approval.
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Detail-orientated with proven experience working with Excel
- Strategic thinker with the ability to connect the dots prior to diving into details
- Clear communicator and naturally inquisitive
- Proactive and eager to continue learning within an evolving space
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, prioritize amongst them and communicate/escalate matters proactively
- Understanding of basic tax accounting concepts and SOX
- General understanding of data applications used to extract reports (Power BI, Alteryx, Automation)
- General understanding of ERP systems and data extraction
- Understanding of and interest in the ESG and the evolving landscape of Tax Transparency
- Process mapping and process improvement strategy
- Experience working in a virtual and/or global environment
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $63,700 to $139,100.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?