Tax - Mergers and Acquisitions - Senior Manager
Are you someone who gets excited over terms such as M&A, Transactions, Divestitures, Joint Ventures, Bankruptcy Planning and Emergence? Do you also enjoy leading projects, developing people and leading teams? If you answered yes, then this the right job for you. Apply now!
Work you'll do
As a Senior Manager you will have in-depth, first-hand experience in a wide range of industries, and:
- Assist our corporate and private equity buyer clients with tax due diligence, tax structuring and tax modeling on buy-side and sell-side transactions.
- Prepare due diligence reports for C-suite audience.
- Direct complex tax research and formulate tax-planning strategies.
- Expand tax research skills through deep exploration of complex technical tax issues across a broad spectrum of tax law, etc).
Deloitte Tax LLP, Merger & Acquisition (M&A) professionals provide corporate and private equity buyers with a broad continuum of advisory services to support mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, investment and financing structures, disposition alternatives and post-transaction activities. Working with clients before, during and after the transaction, tax professionals work with clients across corporate functions such as finance, tax, treasury, human resources, operations, information technology and risk management to analyze and evaluate tax risks and opportunities related to acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, and other transactions, and help meet each organization's global goals, strategies and business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, JD or LLM
- One of the following Accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled agent
- 8+ years corporate tax experience with a Big 4 organization, law firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company
- Consulting and compliance experience
- Strong supervisory experience
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- MBA or MS in Accounting or Tax
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $206150 to $382850.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.