Tax Manager, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency in NFTS - Proven Solutions
Are you a tax professional with a passion for cryptocurrency and digital assets? Do you spend your free time reading and learning about digital assets? As corporations use digital assets such as Bitcoin and blockchain technology in increasingly disruptive and creative ways, they face a range of new cryptocurrency tax implications. Join us and learn about how we serve our crypto community during this exciting time
Cool stuff you’ll work on:
As a Tax Manager, you will utilize your prior experience to manager teams providing tax advisory and compliance services to our vast array of clients. Token launches, NFT platforms, mining, gaming, exchanges, decentralized finance, asset management and legacy corporates - cryptocurrency/blockchain solutions exist across a multitude of industries and competencies. Responsibilities will include:
- Leading clients with legal entity structuring, token analysis, deal analysis, revenue recognition, sourcing, and implementation of clients’ tax objectives.
- Performing detail-level reviews of tax research, agreements, work papers, and tax filings
- Coordinating and communicating with client contacts as required to understand the client’s business, gather information, and provide tax-efficient solutions.
- Training, mentoring, and supervising tax staff.
- Preparing and leading client meetings on advisory and compliance projects related to tax planning opportunities, and the tax implications of various transactions to the organization.
- Billing and profitability analysis on engagements
- Involvement in marketplace eminence building and pursuits.
Deloitte’s Crypto Practice
Deloitte is leading the industry in applying its tax experience across many digital asset types and spanning the entire ecosystem. From token and protocol issuers, to exchanges and miners, to crypto funds and even enterprise solutions, we’ve served clients in this space for almost a decade. We support clients with unique tax consideration on digital assets in legal entity structuring, tax accounting methods, revenue recognition, cross border transactions, state apportionment, sourcing, fund structures and character analysis. With more than 500 clients, we provide the full cycle of services, from formation, funding and operations, to growth and exit. Learn more about Deloitte Tax
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- tax controversy
- corporate or partnership tax
- state and local tax
- international tax
- tax compliance
- tax structuring
- mergers and acquisitions tax
- Experience managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence, and billing
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible, one of the other designations listed below based on role and business approval:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA)
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Advanced degrees preferred
- A deep interest and passion for crypto
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to California and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $128,800 to $239,200.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?