Lead Back-end Software Engineer - Rapid Prototyping
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a drive to be a part of the technology evolution and a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As a Lead Back-End Software Engineer in our Hybrid-Operate group, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries.
Work you’ll do
As a Lead Back-End Senior Software Engineer you will lead and serve as part of a team supporting established projects and creating products from the ground up. In addition to working with/on multiple teams, you will have an opportunity to mentor developers by reviewing and providing feedback on development techniques to maintain and improve code quality. This also requires staying up to date with industry innovations, coding conventions and optimization techniques.
You will have an opportunity to influence and contribute to the full suite of Deloitte products by adapting and expanding existing infrastructure and architecture to meet product owner demands.
In this fast-paced environment, you will be designing, coding and implementing an enterprise system, including integration with 3rd party tools, business process management and various interfaces to internal systems.
You should feel comfortable reviewing feature and defect requests through the issue tracker system to include identifying resolution estimates, providing solution details and ticket assignment.
The desired candidate is an organized, self-driven individual with a proven ability to achieve development objectives. They will have the ability to work be successful while working independently or as part of a team and will be able to adapt quickly to shifts in priorities and/objectives. Lastly, they will be passionate about learning and applying their technical skills and experiences to solve real-world problems, and possess strong listening, verbal, & written communication skills.
The Rapid Prototyping team accelerates Advisory's marketplace technology capabilities by providing foundational technology services, cutting-edge research and innovation support, and guidance and expertise to market-facing teams.  Learn more about our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in back-end development, platform development, and application architecture
- Bachelors degree required, masters in field preferred
- Expert knowledge of Python or .NET and microservices architecture
- Solid experience with integrating complex REST APIs, HTTP requests, XML, and JSON data formats
- Good understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Experience and expertise in understanding of NoSQL databases, MongoDB preferred
- Good understanding of RDBMS
- Experience with in-memory data store, Redis preferred
- Experience with Python web server / web framework, Sanic preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment/formation technologies
- Experience with package managers, bundlers and task runners (e.g., npm, Node.js, Webpack, Jasmine)
- Experience in working in an Agile scrum team
- Proficient in troubleshooting, diagnosing and solve problems through browser-based developer tools
- Proficient with version control systems, issue trackers and documentation tools (e.g., Git, Azure DevOps, markdown, mermaid diagrams)
- Good knowledge and practical experience of client-side build/config management
- Exposure to application of design patterns in back-end development
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Apache framework such as AirFlow, Kafka etc., AWS services, and/or Nginx
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?