Credits and Incentives Tax Senior - Multistate
Are you a strategic and creative Credits and Incentives Tax professional who likes solving complex state and local C&I tax issues? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technology that align the tax function with business objectives?
We are looking for a sharp Senior Tax Consultant to join our C&I team who is ready to take on new challenges and join one of the largest multistate tax practices in the United States.
What you’ll do
We are currently seeking a Multistate Senior Tax Consultant to join our Credits & Incentives (C&I) group with a focus on statutory credits and negotiated incentives. Companies are looking to make strategic decisions on where to invest after tax reform, and the U.S. may be a high priority. Investments may be in the form of updates and/or replacement of equipment, modernization of facilities, consolidations, expansion or new facilities, all of which may benefit C&I – services.
- Credits & Incentives professionals work on identifying, qualifying, and calculating tax credits and other incentives.
- Advising clients with respect to location strategy decisions, as well as credits & incentives related to hiring and/or investments.
- Communicating with project stakeholders, including internal parties and economic development representatives.
Deloitte’s Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 2+ years of Multistate experience with a focus on credits and incentives.
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- CEcD (Certified Economic Developer)
- CREA (Certified Real Estate Appraiser)
- CCIP (Certified Credits & Incentives Professional)
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM.
- Public accounting experience is preferred, within the Big 4, or an equivalent in law firms or industry.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $77,700 to $144,300
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?