Indirect Reverse Audit Tax Senior - Multistate
Are you a strategic and creative Indirect Tax professional who likes solving complex state and local indirect tax issues within sales & use and excise tax? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technology that align the tax function with business objectives?
We are looking for a sharp Senior Tax Consultant to join our Indirect Tax team who is ready to take on new challenges and join one of the largest multistate tax practices in the United States.
What you’ll do
As an Indirect Tax Senior Consultant within the Multistate Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member on tax engagements and provide state and local indirect tax planning, consulting, and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will continue to grow your technical knowledge in state and local indirect taxation by working on large complex tax projects, have access to exceptional resources, and continue to develop your supervisory/leadership skills. Responsibilities will include:
- Researching state and local indirect tax legislation and assisting with drafting client responses and memos.
- Identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiency and streamline work flow.
- Assisting with various state and local indirect tax consulting projects including sales & use and excise tax overpayment reviews, tax implications of sales and purchase transactions, audit defense services, nexus planning, and voluntary disclosures.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
- Assisting with preparation of client billings and account reconciliations.
- Assisting with drafting new proposals for new and existing clients.
- Coordinating with in-house tax preparation team within Deloitte and with the clients’ tax department.
- Performing a detailed technical review of state and local indirect tax returns on select engagements
Deloitte’s Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 2+ years’ experience in state and local indirect tax (sales & use and excise tax)
- Experience with state and local indirect tax planning, tax research, and tax analysis
- Preparation and review experience of state and local indirect tax returns
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other related field
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $65,800 to $144,300.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?