Tax Manager - Financial Services Tax Transformation
Technology is transforming tax. Deloitte’s Financial Services Tax Transformation practice is at the forefront of this movement, using our extensive and growing portfolio of enterprise-class, proprietary applications to advise leading financial services organizations on process, data analytics, technology, and automation.
Work You’ll Do
As a Manager on our team, you will:
- Collaborate with tax subject matter specialists to envision and design new features and products,
- Collaborate with software developers to develop and deploy features and products,
- As an integral part of client engagement teams, oversee internal Deloitte tax team members and client users to plan and execute on optimal application configurations and usage,
- Provide day-to-day management of multiple engagements, interacting directly with clients and Deloitte teams,
- Supervise national teams in both our U.S. and U.S.-India office,
- Mentor and develop consultants, senior consultants, and interns—providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance,
- Actively participate in marketplace pursuits such as meeting with prospective clients and demonstrating our technology portfolio, and
- Manage the operations and economics of projects.
Our Financial Services Tax Transformation practice serves the full spectrum of financial services sectors including banking, private equity, hedge funds, real estate funds, mutual funds, and insurance companies. Our national team is part of the National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) practice within Deloitte Tax LLP which is made up of a series of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation—all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- 5+ years’ experience in financial services tax compliance: banking, private equity, hedge funds, real estate funds, mutual funds, fund of funds, and insurance companies
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible, one of the other designations listed below based on role requirements and business approval:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA)
- 5+ years’ Big 4 experience using tax technology in financial services tax compliance: banking, private equity, hedge funds, real estate funds, mutual funds, fund of funds, and insurance companies
- Minor or coursework in management information systems or data analytics
- Proven leadership managing virtual teams including out of country offshore teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Mastery of Alteryx, Tableau, Qlik.
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision-makers for purposes of project delivery or sales pursuits
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships
- Ability to thrive with competing priorities
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York City or Jersey City, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to New York City and Jersey City and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $128,800 to $239,200.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?