Property Tax Senior - Multistate
Are you a strategic and creative Senior Tax professional who enjoys working on complex state and local tax issues within the Property Tax industry? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technologies to align the tax function with the business objectives?
We are looking for sharp, Senior Tax Consultants to join our Property Tax team, take on new challenges, and grow with one of the largest multistate tax practices in the United States.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is one of the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practices in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
Deloitte's Property Tax services group helps clients plan for and manage personal property tax compliance efforts in a more streamlined, seamless, and tax-efficient way. We bring together deep tax and industry knowledge, a national network of property tax specialists, and proprietary technology capabilities to help our clients explore new approaches, resourcing models, and possible savings opportunities.
Work you'll do:
As a Property Tax Senior Consultant within the Multistate Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member on tax engagements and provide state and local property tax planning, consulting, and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will continue to grow your technical knowledge in property taxation by working on large, complex tax engagements, have access to exceptional resources, and continue to develop your supervisory/leadership skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching state and local property tax legislation and assisting with drafting client responses and memos.
- Identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiency and streamline workflow.
- Making recommendations on engagement workflow management and mentoring tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
- Reviewing and/or preparing client billings and account reconciliations.
- Assisting with drafting proposals for new and existing clients.
- Liaising between the Firm's in-house tax return preparation team and the clients' tax department.
- Performing a detailed technical review of property tax returns on select engagements.
- Assisting with providing guidance to clients on a range of property tax issues including complex, commercial, real, and personal property tax.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or another related field.
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- CMI (Certified Member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation)
- MAI (Member of the Appraisal Institute)
- ASA (American Society of Appraisers)
- CRE (Counselor of Real Estate)
- CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member)
- Licensed Senior Property Tax Consultant
- 2+ years experience working in property tax and/or with property tax assessors.
- 2+ years experience preparing state and local property tax returns.
- Experience with one or more of the following: property tax compliance, planning, analysis, and/or property tax research.
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM.
- Previous consulting experience from a large property tax organization.
- Thorough understanding of OneSource Property Tax.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $65,800 to $144,300.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?