.Net Quality & Risk - Senior Developer - TTC
The role of technology in tax functions has grown exponentially in importance as resource needs change and tax regulations become more rigorous. If you are someone who thrives in navigating the growing technology landscape through design, development and evaluating technology solutions to help companies achieve their objectives; then we would like to get to know you. Apply now!
What you’ll do
As a professional in Deloitte’s Tax Technology Consulting (TTC) team, you will be a part of a team that provides a holistic and integrated approach to refine and further automate our software development lifecycle. As a senior consultant on our Customer Success Engineering team, you will work with client engagement teams helping with adoption and day to day usage on Deloitte’s propriety SaaS offering and platform. You will be responsible for development, implementation, issue triaging, fixing of issues on new components of the web-based application, as well as providing support for existing components.
As a .Net Operations Quality & Risk senior consultant, you will contribute to the growth and success of Deloitte Tax LLP in a variety of ways, including:
- Client Management: Work closely with the client engagement teams on adoption, troubleshooting and onboarding clients on Deloitte’s propriety SaaS offering and platform
- Develop and maintain: A software framework and services using the .NET framework, Microsoft Azure and other Microsoft technologies
- Analyze: Client needs and technical requirements to create architecture and design for solution
- Resolution: Troubleshooting day-to-day issues and help resolve problems with development tickets on the platform, as well as custom solutions built on the SaaS platform.
- Scope: Understand and define scope of technical software projects, along with reviewing the requirements and asses the work effort and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Evaluate, create and document: Evaluate new technologies, create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing and document new development, procedures or test plans.
- Quality Assurance: Closely follow software development leading practices to maximize the predictability and success of projects.
- People development: Participate in the development of team members.
- Cross Functional Teaming: Understand and articulate the broader TMC practice and Deloitte overall.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar degree is required
- 2+ years of web development, and application support experience in Microsoft technologies. Experience in NET/.Net Core, ASP.NET MVC, JQuery, Angular/AngularJS, SPA Development experience, SQL Server, OOPs, Entity Framework, C#, Microsoft Azure Development
- Extensive, real-world experience designing enterprise software and defining technology architectures (design patterns, SOA, etc.)
- Experience with multi-tier system development and integration with other external systems
- Experience working with teams in disparate geographic locations
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Deep understanding of design patterns, architectural patterns, build automation, automated testing and continuous development and integration processes
- Experience with database design, querying, stored procedures, views, joins, performance management etc.
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Applicable certifications
- Experience developing Azure Applications (Azure Functions, Service Bus etc.) and Azure SQL is a plus
- Experience with Visual Studio 2017 and later, Source Control – TFS / GIT / VSTS
- Software prototyping experience
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing and able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Vendor Certification for Management of Implementations (Oracle, SAP, Thomson Reuters, etc.)
- Project Management (PMP)Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Six Sigma (Black Belt)
- Other - additional various tax technology accreditations may be acceptable based on business review and approval
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $81,200 to $178,100.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?