Senior Manager, Solution Architecture - DAS Business Performance Management
If you are passionate about how digital technology is transforming business, plan your next career move with Deloitte’s ITS Application Studios.
Deloitte’s breadth, depth, and scale, combined with our relentless passion for innovation create powerful opportunities to help our clients and our own organization stay ahead of change, deliver impact that matters, and transform complexity and disruption into lasting value.
Our teams are already leveraging Artificial Intelligence, analytics, and cutting-edge capabilities to transform how we serve clients and operate our business. Moreover, the team is also actively investing in nascent technologies such as Blockchain, AR/VR, NLG, AI/ML and Big Data Analytics.
Work You’ll Do:
In your role, you will be responsible for envisioning and developing new digital products. You will execute day-to-day product development activities across design, development, stakeholder communication, technology vendor management and delivery.
- Manage clients, complex projects, provide solution architecture insights to enable management of business requirement gathering, scope and client expectations
- Design long-term, reliable, and end-to-end technical architectures. Develop functional architecture design and co-lead product vision along with the Product Manager(s)
- Provide design strategy and insights to Product teams on transforming detailed requirements into detailed systems design
- Support creation of interface specifications and call flows for the various components in the design
- Provide inputs to Agile Team Architects on building architectural runway and related enablers
- Provide technical support for analysis of business requirements and applicability to the current or planned Platform/Enabler/API Platform capabilities
- Constantly foster an automation mindset in the areas of testing, DevOps & data management
- Participate in E2E functionality assessment during Validation Testing phases (SIT, UAT)
- Experience with technical programming; capable of managing and overseeing teams designing, programming, and implementing various technical solutions
- Serve as a technical liaison between the business, project team and developers/testers
- Work with IT infrastructure, Cloud Architecture and DevOps teams to deploy and maintain applications
- Identify and propose cross functional opportunities
Deloitte has revolutionized software and application delivery, creating a model that’s scalable, cost-effective, and leverages a progressive and responsive talent structure. As Deloitte’s primary internal development team, the application studios deliver innovative digital solutions to businesses, service lines, and industries with proven bottom-line results.
The 570+ applications in Deloitte’s enterprise application portfolio are created to solve highly complex business problems and lead in practitioner productivity in an increasingly mobile, interconnected, and rapidly evolving landscape. From true enterprise apps enhancing daily productivity to business-enabling systems, ITS Deloitte Application Studios teams enable Deloitte professionals—across business lines—to serve clients with distinction.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools which empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline. While an advanced degree is preferred, the value is placed on the extent of the relevant experience and accomplishments
- 10+ years Industry experience, in architecture and delivery of software products and solutions.
- 2+ years of experience in planning, analyzing, designing, architecting & supporting large Enterprise Big Data Platforms.
- 5+ years in a data engineering role with demonstrable experience with Azure Cloud esp. IaaS and PaaS offerings and extensive experience working on large scale technology implementations.
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing off-prem public cloud (Azure etc.) environments and architectures and operational models. Including developing cloud-ready solutions, like active-active and geo/regional resiliency with near zero RPO & RTO.
- In-depth architectural understanding of AZURE and are familiar with cloud native design patterns and DevOps principles (Infrastructure as Code).
- Strong knowledge in Microservices, Azure Cognitive Services, Globalization and Localization best practices and patterns, Data Sovereignty and GDPR compliance needs.
- Strong experience in Azure Technologies like Azure Data Factory, Web App, API Apps, API Management, Web Jobs, Azure Functions, Dedicated SQL Pool, Blobs, Service Bus, Message Queues etc.
- Experience with Front end technologies such as React, Angular, VueJs etc. is required
- Strong experience in Relational and NoSQL databases (SQL Server / CosmosDB / MongoDB etc.)
- Strong experience in at least one programming language (i.e., C#, Python, R, SQL etc.).
- Prior experience of leveraging AI/ML models to automate business processes and provide predictive analytics to the business teams.
- Experience with data modeling and normalization concepts.
- Experience with designing scalable inter-system integration processes using patterns involving Enterprise Service Bus, SOAP & REST Services, gRPC etc.
- Knowledge on Containers with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms.
- Experience with Business intelligence tools for reporting such as PowerBI etc.
- Experience working with different query languages (i.e., PL-SQL, T-SQL).
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration (i.e., Git).
- Understanding of development and project methodologies.
- Strong experience in leading architecture activities like designing, roadmap, & proof-of-concepts.
- Ability to manage multiple customers, complex projects, and multiple initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives etc.
- Ability to mentor, coach and build strong teams in Azure space.
- Prior experience in financial management domain would be a huge plus.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Ability to travel up to 10% based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Appropriate Cloud Certification is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with SAFe or Agile development processes.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $126,535 to $259,830.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?