Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Advisory Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA.
Work You’ll Do
Understand business environment, operational processes, and basic compliance management approaches. Execute internal control assessments based upon understanding of clients’ business and applicable rules to that business and assess compliance accordingly. Generate observations and recommendations based upon applicable rules and successful business practices. Demonstrate general knowledge of market trends and industry practices. Participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand broader impact of decisions. Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services. Identify opportunities to improve client relationships. Mentor, teach, and develop staff personnel on the firm’s auditing and controls assessment methodologies, and monitor progress of staff personnel to ensure staff personnel are developing as expected.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Cyber Security, Information Technology Auditing, Engineering, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of internal controls, risk management, and auditing experience (willing to accept pre- and post-Bachelor’s experience).
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Executing SSAE16/18 attestation engagements, including SOC1, SOC2, and SOC3 reports, to provide independent opinions over the effectiveness of clients’ internal controls over financial reporting;
- Performing assessments to determine compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley;
- Performing information technology audits on applications, including SAP and Peoplesoft, operating systems, including UNIX and Windows, and databases, including SQL, DB2, and Oracle;
- Applying audit standards including PCAOB, COBIT, and COSO;
- Preparing audit working papers to document audit procedures performed in assessing the operating effectiveness of internal controls in accordance with Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) standards for client organizations;
- Assisting with assessing the impact of internal control deficiencies on overall financial statement audit procedures and the opinions issued for internal controls over financial reporting in compliance with Section 404 of the SOX Act of 2002 and SSAE 18 standards;
- Conducting interviews with process owners, creating process narratives, identifying key process controls, and identifying mitigation process for noted gaps;
- Participating in segregation of duties-related audits, including reviewing assigned business access controls over access privileges; and
- Collecting and analyzing data to identify risk areas related to potential fraud and non-compliance with accounting standards and guidance.
- Position requires approximately 50% domestic travel.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?