Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Advisory Manager in San Jose, CA.
Work You’ll Do
Direct engagement planning, organizing, budgeting, audit plan execution, and documentation of audit procedures performed. Conduct financial statement audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404, SOX readiness, IT controls, and SSAE18 audits. Lead engagement teams on project tasks. Facilitate interviews with client management to document business cycle processes as well as to ascertain effectiveness of companies’ entity level controls. Manage team responsible for assessing security configurations, conducting policy and procedure reviews, auditing client platform baseline standards, and testing platforms for numerous clients. Design and implement technical and general computer IT audits, systems development, conversion, and application control reviews, including process and procedure, documentation, control identification, test plan creation and execution, and executive reporting. Oversee in-depth control assessments, documentation of test requirements, and presentation of remediation alternatives to stakeholders. Understand clients’ business environments and complex risk management approaches. Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients. Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services. Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability. Assist in proposal development and delivery for newly identified engagements. Utilize ERP systems including Oracle Business Suite, NetSuite and Workday. Utilize infrastructure technologies including (Active directory), operating systems (Unix, Linux, Windows), databases (Oracle, MS SQL server), and cloud computing platforms (MS Office365, Azure, and AWS).
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years of Information Technology auditing experience.
- Experience must include five years of:
- Testing and assessing General IT Controls (GITCs) in accordance with PCAOB, AICPA, SOX, SSAE18, and third-party vendor requirements;
- Auditing ERP systems including Oracle Business Suite, NetSuite, and Workday;
- Performing control gap analysis and risk assessments;
- Creating and developing audit programs around key reports, GITCs, and automated controls;
- Performing audit procedures in areas including access security, change management and datacenter and network operations;
- Assessing controls deficiencies and the related risks to the IT environment and developing audit procedures response; and
- Auditing GITCs including related infrastructure (Active directory), operating systems (Unix, Linux, and Windows), databases (Oracle and MS SQL server), and cloud computing platforms (MS Office365, Azure, and AWS).
- Experience must include two years of:
- Supervising audit engagements, including work distribution, reviewing work of junior employees, personnel review and assessing performance, and mentoring and training team members;
- Liaising directly with client senior management to discuss reporting and financial statement control audits; and
- Leading engagement planning, economics, and billing, and assisting senior management in proposal development.
- Position requires 30% domestic travel.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?