Manager - National Federal Tax Services - Proven Solutions
Are you a CPA or JD and love being at the center of the development of new, innovative Federal tax solutions and service offerings, Deloitte’s Proven Solutions service line may be the place for you! If you want to be part of a group that sets the standard for innovation and entrepreneurial spirt, we have a place for you!
Work you’ll do
As a part of the Proven Solutions team, you will:
- Research tax technical topics to assist with the development of innovative Federal tax solutions for clients.
- Assist with the development of technology solutions for clients.
- Collaborate with our Washington National Tax specialists to develop new Federal tax opportunities and offerings to take to market
- Develop internal and external working relationships with clients to identify projects
Proven Solutions is part of National Federal Tax Services (NFTS), a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation—all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
- 4+ years’ experience in federal taxation
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Taxation or similar degree
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney in the state of practice/primary office
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Proficient accounting, analytical and research skills
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Tax/enterprise compliance experience
- Federal tax planning experience
- Aptitude in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
- Ability to travel 35%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Big 4 or comparable experience
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York City or Jersey City, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to New York City and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $128,800 to $239,200.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?