Industrial Products & Construction Research Senior Manager, Deloitte Research Center for Energy & Industrials
Deloitte Energy & Industrials Research Center is part of Deloitte’s Energy, Resources & Industrials (ER&I) industry practice, representing the Oil, Gas & Chemicals; Industrial Products, A&D & Construction; and Power, Utilities & Renewables sectors.
The ER&I Energy & Industrials Research Center develops and publishes research and analysis on external facing digital and accessible platforms to:
- Provide innovative and strategic insights to support the growth of the ER&I industry, sectors, and client portfolio via in depth analytical reports, client briefings and issue summaries
- Position and evolve Deloitte’s brand with clients and the marketplace
We are seeking a full-time industrial products & construction research senior manager to support the research, writing and analysis of industry issues. The primary output will be quantitative analysis and research papers that address key issues in the Aerospace and Defense industry, as well as the Engineering and Construction industry.
- Bachelors Degree; Master’s degree/ MBA preferred
- 8 – 10+ years of relevant professional experience in the industrial products and/or manufacturing industry
- Previous position in industry, management consulting, government relations, or academia preferred
Subject Matter Qualifications
- In depth knowledge of the US/global industrial products and manufacturing sectors is required (e.g., industrial conglomerates, engineering and construction, A&D, or manufacturing supply chain)
- Familiarity with key industry data sources
- Facility with quantitative modeling and analytical methods is preferred
- Ability to work with external partners and internal cross-sectoral teams to craft effective and concise insights and research.
- Strong writing and editorial skills with proven ability to translate research to client perspectives and concerns.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to bring data modeling and other analysis to industry issues
- Exposure to and training in analytical methods, including: statistical methods, interpretation of statistical results; statistical software/visualization tools such as SPSS,® STATA, R, or Tableau is a plus
- Strong people skills and communication skills with an ability to relate industry trends to the strategic thinking of senior business executives (internal and external) Strong stakeholder management skills
- Public speaking experience
- Strong project management skills and an excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, independent thinker and resourceful
- Ability to work effectively with others, many of whom may be geographically remote
- Collegial and team-oriented; willing to pitch in and “wear many hats”
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Coaching capabilities, particularly around the research and writing process
- Ideal candidate located in east or central time zones including the following major cities: Boston, NYC, DC, Houston, Cleveland, Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago.
- Limited Sponsorship: Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $124,600 - $255,900.
EA_CMG_ ExpHireRecruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.