Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager in Chicago, IL.
Work You’ll Do
Align global effective tax rate reduction and efficient global cash utilization with overall business strategy. Assist multinational clients with integrating tax planning into overall business strategy and complying with both U.S. and international regulatory requirements. Concentrate efforts on international compliance, research, consulting and planning issues. Diagnose, solve, develop, and implement clients' tax needs. Direct complex tax research, formulate tax-planning strategies, and perform tax reviews. Advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the tax implications of their international operations. Coordinate U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy. Supervise assignments by Tax Consultants and Seniors and provide leadership, counseling, and career guidance.
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Law, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of experience performing tax planning, reporting and compliance for U.S. multinational corporations.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Preparing international tax compliance forms and informational returns, including Forms 1120F, 5471, 5472, 8865 and 8858 disclosures and statements;
- Preparing federal tax compliance forms including Forms 1065, 8804, and 8805 disclosures and statements;
- Analyzing work papers to calculate Section 861 deductions, interest expense allocation and effectively connected income (ECI) to estimate the U.S. income tax liability of foreign corporations;
- Advising clients on various international tax issues including subpart F, GILTI, overall foreign loss, outbound transfer and inversions, and developing optimal tax structures for corporate restructuring, corporate reorganization, mergers and acquisitions;
- Assisting with writing tax memoranda to determine whether certain foreign entities' activities constitute a permanent establishment in the United States and what portion of income may be subject to U.S. federal income tax;
- Performing tax due diligence to identify tax attributes and propose optimal capital distributions to maximize foreign tax credits and reduce effective tax rates;
- Performing passive foreign investment company (PFIC) analysis and testing to determine appropriate filing requirements and U.S. federal income tax consequences;
- Reviewing proposed merger and acquisition documents and client data to identify contributions to foreign corporations and comply with Form 926 requirements;
- Utilizing CCH, BNA, Lexis Nexis and RIA Checkpoint to research various U.S. federal income tax issues and analyze tax rules and regulations of foreign jurisdictions; and
- Auditing client prepared work papers, including foreign tax credit and deferred tax asset utilization capacity analysis.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as stated above.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?