Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager in San Jose, CA.
Work You’ll Do
Oversee internal resources and work directly with clients to provide expatriate and foreign-national tax compliance and consulting services to our multi-national clients. Assist with the preparation and delivery of proposals for engagements and possess a working knowledge of the range of services offered by the organization. Supervise assignments by Tax Consultants and Seniors and provide them with leadership, counseling and career guidance. Assist multinational clients with the development of tax-aligned compensation and benefits programs that address their global and domestic needs. Work with clients to streamline their programs while overseeing tax effectiveness, risks, and costs. Concur individual income tax returns, conduct US tax law research, review tax consulting projects, and assist in the administration of company tax programs. Address individual income tax issues and tax law including foreign national and expatriate issues, foreign tax compliance and the tax equalization process.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent, including a 3-year foreign degree).
- Four years of experience performing tax planning, reporting and compliance.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Performing tax planning and reporting for expatriate and foreign national tax compliance and equalization policy implementation;
- Advising on global payroll tax reporting, including foreign countries’ tax reporting requirements;
- Applying revenue code sections and treaties in relation to home and host country tax regulations for the expatriate and the inpatriate populations;
- Reviewing compensation variables and wage types implemented for wage bucketing in clients' software tools and interpretation of its U.S. tax implications;
- Reviewing U.S. reports to ensure accuracy in payroll tax reporting, and preparing quarterly and year-end estimated tax calculations;
- Utilizing tax research tools, including BNA, CCH and RIA Checkpoint, to provide tax compliance and consulting services to global business travelers and utilizing tax software, including Global fx, Corptax, Superforms, ProSystem, CCH Axcess and GoSystem, to compute taxes, prepare and review tax returns, conduct research, and integrate with internal tracking tools;
- Performing tax planning for high net worth individuals, global permanent transfers, and short-term business travelers, including analyzing and applying tax treaties and immigration and visa-related tax implications;
- Assisting with resolving tax controversies, tax notices, and requests for additional information from taxing authorities for employees falling under companies’ mobility programs;
- Assisting with the full engagement lifecycle, including billing, staffing, scheduling, and communicating with clients and third-party vendors; and
- Mentoring, delegating, and training junior staff and interns on technical improvements and client-facing skills, and collaborating with teams on the compliance process workflow.
Salary: $132,787.00 - $227,500.00/year;
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?