Accounting and Analytics Manager
Join our team and begin tackling critical issues at all levels of government in a team-focused environment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth. Now more than ever, organizations need support to address pressing needs in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, assurance, and internal controls. Accounting & Internal Controls (A&IC) is well-positioned to help our clients address their most urgent finance transformation needs. If you are interested in helping organizations effectively manage financial risks, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Work you’ll do
- Assist with evaluation, development, programming, and execution of on-going reconciliations
- Work with clients to coordinate development and resolution of identified analytical deficiencies
- Lead analytics team to execute data strategy and review analytic scripts (Python, Databricks, SQL, ACL)
- Design and implement technical solutions to improve financial management activities
- Work with clients to identify financial control issues and gaps
- Display both breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
- Provide counseling/coaching, oversight, and support for delivery teams and staff
- Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of complex projects
- Actively participate in development of business and vendor relationships
- Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process
- Participate in pre-sales, proposal, and RFP initiatives
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our team of data analysts and data scientists help transform the controllership and treasury organization by leveraging technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning to build capabilities that lead to increased efficiency and impact decision making. Our services include diagnosis analytics, process automation, analytics insight, data visualization, and financial modeling to help implement new or improved strategies in the operating model.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting, Business, Finance or other Business-related field
- Experienced in ACL, Python, SAS, Alteryx, R, SQL, or other advanced analytical programs
- Applied knowledge of accounting analytics in the government space
- 4+ years of experience in reviewing, analyzing, validating, and reconciling financial/accounting information
- 2+ years in a technical or functional lead role
- Active CPA required
- Consulting experience in business process improvement, financial management policies and procedures, or financial system integrations
- Familiarity with U.S. government financial accounting systems
- Certifications including CDFM, CGFM, CFA
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.