Audit & Assurance Senior
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Audit & Assurance Senior in Tampa, FL.
Work You’ll Do
Work under the supervision of upper management to design audit procedures, based on a client’s business, the risks it faces, and its internal control processes. Interact with clients to discuss field audit issues. Coordinate assigned staff in executing the audit approach and perform a first level review of staff assigned work. Participate in pre-audit planning for audit engagements. Perform, document, and conclude on tests to evaluate the design, implementation, and effectiveness of client internal controls. Conduct and document audit and review procedures which are sufficient in scope to support professional opinions as to the fair representation of client financial statements. Perform accounting and auditing research and document conclusions to solve issues that arise during the course of audit or compliance engagements.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- One year of accounting and auditing experience.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Performing audits under American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards;
- Performing audits under both accounting basis of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and National Association of Insurance Commissioners Statutory Accounting Principles (NAIC SAP);
- Auditing financial statements, including reviews of quarterly financial information, reviewing clients' annual reports, and interacting with clients to discuss audit issues;
- Executing audit tests of internal controls, including assessment of internal control deficiencies, in accordance with AICPA and PCAOB auditing standards;
- Interacting with accounting and auditing specialists within complex accounting areas, including pricing, actuarial, tax, and information technology specialists; and
- Utilizing advanced Excel tools, including Pivot Tables, VLookup, and macros, and data analytics tools, including Tableau and Power BI.
- Must possess: U.S. CPA license or passage of all four parts of U.S. CPA examination.
- Position requires approximately 75% domestic travel.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?