Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager in Atlanta, GA.
Work You’ll Do
Align global effective tax rate reduction and efficient global cash utilization with overall business strategy. Advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the tax implications and tax planning of their international operations as well as coordinate U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy and to comply with both U.S. and international regulatory requirements. Concentrate efforts on international compliance, research, consulting and planning issues. Diagnose, solve, develop, and implement clients' tax needs. Direct complex tax research, formulate tax-planning strategies, and perform tax reviews. Supervise assignments by Tax Consultants and Seniors and provide leadership, counseling, and career guidance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Law, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years of experience performing tax planning, reporting and compliance for U.S. multinational corporations.
- Experience must include five years of:
- Preparing international tax compliance forms and informational returns, including Forms 1118, 1120F, 5471, 5472, and 8858 disclosures and statements;
- Analyzing work papers to calculate Section 861 deductions, including the review of corresponding interest expense allocation and income sourcing requirements, to estimate the U.S. income tax liability of foreign corporations as it relates to foreign tax credit generation and utilization capacity analysis;
- Advising clients on various international tax issues including subpart F, overall foreign loss and outbound transfer, and developing optimal tax structures for corporate restructuring, corporate reorganization, mergers and acquisitions;
- Advising clients on issues related to whether certain foreign entities' activities constitute a permanent establishment in the United States and what portion of income may be subject to U.S. federal income tax;
- Performing tax due diligence to identify tax attributes and propose optimal distributions to maximize foreign tax credits and reduce effective tax rates;
- Reviewing proposed merger and acquisition documents and client data to identify contributions to foreign corporations and comply with Form 926 requirements;
- Utilizing CCH, BNA, Lexis Nexis and RIA Checkpoint to research various U.S. federal income tax issues, changes in regulations and analyze tax rules and regulations of foreign jurisdictions;
- Performing international tax forecasting and modeling to assist clients with foreign tax credit planning;
- Performing review of quarterly client Section 904, Section 861, Section 163j, GILTI, BEAT and FDII provision workpapers and assisting with the review of international tax year-end provision workpapers; and
- Assisting with various international tax planning projects, including IP Valuation, Foreign Tax Credits, Interest Expense Apportionment, and Acquisition and Restructuring leveraging modeling tools.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Master's degree and three years of experience as stated above.
- Position requires 15% domestic travel.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?