Business Solution Analyst Lead - Financial Services Tax Transformation
Do you work in the tax/accounting industry and are passionate about technology? Use your tax, accounting and technology skills/passion to cultivate innovative industry leading tax technology solutions for a fast-growing segment within Deloitte Tax. Be on the cutting edge of a rapidly growing industry and work with a team of proven innovators!
Work You’ll Do
As a Lead Business Solutions Analyst on our team you will be working closely with firm tax experts, clients service teams, and application developers to design, document and manage our industry leading tax technology solutions. Additionally, you will:
- Utilize your tax and accounting skills to collaborate with tax experts to document business requirements.
- Communicate business requirements and desired system-related capabilities to development team.
- Design/develop Power BI dashboards.
- Provide technical and functional support to software users.
- Work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities.
- Collaborate with tax experts, business analysts, and application developers to ensure a shared understanding of the business model and the detailed function requirements.
- Plan, design, and execute tests of internally developed software application features including user interfaces, business logic, data access, etc.
- Troubleshoot, and critique software components.
- Provide status updates regarding defect resolution and development initiative progress.
- Recommend solutions to improve test management, execution, and reporting.
- Perform quality assurance and end-user acceptance testing to confirm the product satisfies end-user requirements and needs
- Analyze feature requirements and assist in identifying requirement enhancements to improve product efficiency.
- Assist to conduct feature demonstrations for stakeholders once testing is concluded.
- Perform Production and test environments smoke testing for patch, Production release and deployments
- Assist in defining performance testing process as applicable.
- Establish and evolve seamless regression test process to include existing features and new features.
- Collaborate and mentor junior team members in U.S. and U.S.-India.
- Mentor and develop of engagement staff, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
- Participate in marketplace activities, recruiting, and process and technology innovation.
- Identify service opportunities, manage client accounts, and advance various Deloitte initiatives.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace driver, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning for the largest organizations across all industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or comparable degree
- 3+ years of related experience in the accounting or tax industries
- Experience in tax or accounting process design and process improvement
- Ability to travel up to 25% if needed, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Ability to model tax/accounting calculations in Excel
- Experience managing deadlines, goals and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job
- Advanced written, verbal analytical and communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Basic client interaction skills
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with teammates, end-users and leadership
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet.
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible, one of the other designations listed below based on role requirements and business approval:
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA)
- Professional Engineer
- Technology Certification including, but not limited, to the below
- CBAP - Certified Business Analysis Professional
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Microsoft MCSD Certification
- Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt)
- Working knowledge of analytics and data management.
- Knowledge and experience with tax compliance systems or financial systems
- Partnership accounting experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with agile project methodology
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $67,200 to $146,900.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?