Business Solutions Analyst, Manager - Tax Operating Partnership Solutions
Are you an accounting professional who has a passion for technology? Use your accounting and technology skills to cultivate innovative technologies for a fast-growing segment within Deloitte Tax. Be on the cutting edge of a rapidly growing industry and work with a team of proven innovators!
Work You’ll Do
As a Business Solutions Analyst, Manager on our team you will be working closely with tax SMEs, business analysts, and application developers to aggregate, prioritize, and report out on impact of the top-quality issues affecting the projects. In this Accounting applications driven role, you will:
- Collaborate with tax professionals/SMEs to document business requirements.
- Communicate business requirements and desired system-related capabilities to development team.
- Design/develop Power BI dashboards.
- Provide technical and functional support to software users.
- Work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities.
- Collaborate with tax SMEs, business analysts, and application developers to ensure a shared understanding of the business model and the detailed function requirements.
- Plan, design, and execute tests of internally developed software application features including user interfaces, business logic, data access, etc.
- Troubleshoot, and critique software components.
- Provide status updates regarding defect resolution and development initiative progress.
- Recommend solutions to improve test management, execution, and reporting.
- Perform quality assurance and end-user acceptance testing to confirm the product satisfies end-user requirements and needs
- Analyze feature requirements and assist in identifying requirement enhancements to improve product efficiency.
- Assist to conduct feature demonstrations for stakeholders once testing is concluded.
- Perform Production and test environments smoke testing for patch, Production release and deployments
- Assist in defining performance testing process as applicable.
- Establish and evolve seamless regression test process to include existing features and new features.
- Collaborate and mentor junior team members in U.S. and U.S.-India.
- Mentor and develop of engagement staff, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
- Participate in marketplace activities, recruiting, and process and technology innovation.
- Identify service opportunities, manage client accounts, and advance various Deloitte initiatives.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace driver, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning for the largest organizations across all industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, computer science or other business technology related field required.
- Six (6)+ years’ experience as a tax professional and/or financial software business analyst.
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to model accounting calculations in Excel
- Ability to analyze testing requirements based on the business requirements
- Experience of Agile methodologies and SCRUM processes.
- Familiarity with SQL, Figma, Alteryx, Azure DevOps, Power BI is a plus.
- Experience documenting software requirements.
- Experience writing and executing software test cases and test scenarios.
- Desire to learn new aspects of business and tax concepts and apply to mathematical computational efforts.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Passion for Tax Technology
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible, one of the other designations listed below based on role requirements and business approval:
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA)
- Professional Engineer
- Technology Certification including, but not limited, to the below
- CBAP - Certified Business Analysis Professional
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft MCSD Certification
- Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt)
- ISTQB certified software tester certification obtained or in process or must be able/willing to obtain.
- Experience working in consulting environment.
- Knowledge of account or partnership U.S. federal income tax is a plus.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $94,500 to $206,700.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?