Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager in San Francisco, CA.
Work You’ll Do
Work directly with clients and oversee tax engagement teams on indirect tax matters. Maintain and develop strong client relationships on various state and local indirect tax consulting/compliance engagements. Act as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of issues, including sales & use and excise tax overpayment reviews, tax implications of sales and purchase transactions, audit defense services, nexus planning, and voluntary disclosures. Oversee engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing. Assist with drafting and presenting new proposals to new and existing clients. Provide leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team. Direct and review analysis of indirect tax obligations for clients in various industry sectors. Provide state and local indirect tax planning, consulting, and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. Research and analyze a wide range of tax issues and tax implications.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years of state and local indirect tax experience, including sales & use tax.
- Experience must include five years of:
- Performing data wrangling, processing and reviewing of returns, and reconciliations, and utilizing tax research databases, including CCH, LexisNexis, and BNA, to research state tax matters;
- Mediating between clients and state revenue departments to resolve tax disputes, including state assessments, notices, and representation of clients in sales and use tax audit examinations, including reviewing, analyzing and constructing tax liability schedules, writing technical correspondence for administrative tax appeals and proposed state tax settlements, and providing audit support packages for audit defense;
- Researching and analyzing tax issues encountered on engagements, including characterization of client’s products and services, state and local taxability, nexus determinations, source data validation, and changes in law requiring reporting modifications;
- Assisting with multiple work streams and associated deliverables/work products through all phases of the client engagement lifecycle, including staffing and billing;
- Advising clients on state and local indirect tax issues, including sales & use overpayments, prepayment requirements, reporting impact for nexus reviews, and reviewing voluntary disclosure documentation and returns prepared by junior team members;
- Assisting with developing, training, and mentoring staff on tax projects;
- Assisting clients with analyzing tax data, preparing and reviewing ASC 450 exposure calculations, making recommendations for ASC 450 accruals for posting and recommendations for remediation plans including registrations, voluntary disclosures, and managed audits; and
- Performing sales and use tax reverse audits, including the identification, analysis, quantification, and preparation of refund claims for clients in multi-state jurisdictions and writing technical memorandums for administrative tax appeals and proposed state tax settlements.
- Position requires approximately 25% travel.
- Salary: $127,442.00 - $205,400.00/year.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?