Audit & Assurance ARA Senior
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Audit & Assurance ARA Senior in Dallas, TX.
Work You’ll Do
Deliver a wide range of services to our clients that cover an extensive range of financial accounting and reporting services with a comprehensive industry-focused approach. Deliver integrated services with a focus on value and quality across multiple industries. Utilize deep accounting and financial reporting knowledge to provide a unique perspective in solving today's accounting challenges. Participate in engagement planning and budgeting. Participate in defining the work product structure and content. Provide on–time delivery of quality work products. Identify and apply relevant specialized technical accounting, regulatory, and the respective industry standards. Apply and implement new or existing accounting standards or reporting requirements. Prepare restated or carve-out financial statements. Assist with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting requirements. Will commute within the Dallas, TX area to consult with clients concerning the above job duties.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- One year of accounting and auditing experience.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Performing internal audits and SOX audits (U.S. and International) under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and developing effective testing procedures to evaluate the operating effectiveness of relevant internal controls;
- Documenting processes including revenues, expenditures, and inventory cycles;
- Collecting supporting evidence, including documents, invoices, purchase orders and contracts, to assess deficient controls, inefficiencies, and non-compliance with applicable GAAP, and SOX (U.S.) guidelines;
- Reviewing and researching public company filings and financial statements;
- Supporting clients in quarterly and annual close processes, and reviewing and analyzing financial records to ensure that all data is in compliance with industry standards and applicable law and regulations;
- Conducting detailed risk assessments for clients regarding cash, accounts payable, prepaid, operating expenses, payroll, and inventory accounts;
- Assisting clients in complying with SEC financial reporting requirements (10Ks, 10Qs and other filings) and drafting private and public financial statements;
- Performing SOX-related interviews and walk-throughs, assessing control design and implementation, and testing operating effectiveness of internal controls over inventory, revenue, equity, leasing, and treasury cycles; and
- Interacting directly with senior management of the audit team and audit clients to discuss auditing findings, issues, and resolution, and mentoring and coaching junior team members.
- Must possess: U.S. CPA license or passage of all four parts of U.S. CPA examination.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?