Valuation & Analytics - Sr. Manager, Energy Commodity
The Valuation & Analytics (“V&A”) team is looking for a Senior Manager to join its team. This team provides valuation and analytical services related to energy & commodity financial instruments for Deloitte's clients in North America and worldwide. The Senior Manager may work on the valuation of energy & commodity financial instruments (such as swaps, forwards, options, PPA’s, and other structured products) for both internal and external clients and may also be involved in consulting services related to quantitative analytics.
Work you’ll do
The V&A service area is comprised of practitioners with skills related to the understanding and application of technical accounting standards, financial reporting, valuation techniques and methodologies for derivatives, financial instruments, and other products, forward price curve development methodologies, quantitative risk assessment and forecasting models, structured finance transactions, cash flow modeling, data integrity, data modeling, statistical sampling, capital markets transaction support and due diligence.
Sample responsibilities may include:
- Performing independent pricing of energy & commodity financial instruments
- Developing price curves for less liquid locations/commodities including Crude, Products, Power, Natural Gas, and Environmentals.
- Building models for emerging energy & commodity products like solar, battery, environmental, etc.
- Collaborating with audit teams across companies of all sizes and across multiple industries
- Review and management of other V&A professionals
- Building and managing relationships and communications with audit team members
- Researching new products and risk management strategies
- Presenting complex information in an understandable manner
You’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of valuation and analytical techniques.
Our audits are fueled by more than just technology – what sets us apart are our insightful professionals, collaborative culture, and commitment to innovation and continuous improvement. Our audit professionals apply a streamlined, intelligent approach to the audit, enabled by innovative tools and technologies. Quality is our top priority, and by focusing on innovation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, statistics, business analytics, math, economics, industrial & operations engineering, computer engineering, decision sciences or data sciences or related field with relevant coursework.
- 8+ years of related professional experience with energy or commodity instrument valuation.
- Professional certification such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified in the Valuation of Financial Instruments (CVFI), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), or other relevant certificate.
- Industry knowledge around Crude, Products, Natural Gas, Power and Environmental Products (Carbon, RINS, RECS, etc.).
- Familiarity with analytical and visualization software packages/tools/languages.
- Familiarity with financial markets, financial instrument valuation (including derivatives and structured products), trading, deal structuring or risk management.
- Ability to explain difficult financial modeling/valuation concepts to diverse audiences and to experts at various clients.
- Candidate needs to be comfortable providing technical assistance and financial modeling expertise to non-technical clients and internal teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Master’s degree
- Understanding of financial instrument valuation concepts is desired and experience with derivatives and complex financial instruments valuation is a plus.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $156,800 - $351,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?