Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior in McLean, VA.
Work You’ll Do
Assist clients with fundamental tax planning and analysis. Work to understand company-specific business and tax issues and work with the company to optimize its tax position to identify and mitigate risk areas. Assist clients in streamlining their tax compliance process, especially in the area of partnership specific tax calculations. Develop client service relationships and facilitate specialized Deloitte tax services to improve compliance with taxing entities while maintaining each client’s overall tax risk profile. Apply federal tax compliance principles and work closely with clients as well as the Deloitte tax team to further clients global goals and strategies and align them with industry and economic trends. Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Taxation, Finance, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and tax returns.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Calculating taxable income and tax basis for clients with a focus on partnership returns;
- Researching tax regulations and reviewing client data to determine appropriate tax treatments;
- Utilizing tax research tools, including Thomson Reuters and CCH, to analyze tax issues related to business transactions and tax implications for a variety of entities and their affiliates;
- Coordinating review notes from internal managers and applying changes to deliverables and processes;
- Preparing income tax provisions to analyze and disclose client income tax positions in 10K and 10Q filings;
- Evaluating internal control risk by communicating with clients and documenting procedures in tax technical memos; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.