Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager in New York, NY.
Work You’ll Do
Oversee day-to-day client service relationships and provide tax services to help improve compliance and maintain client’s overall tax risk profile. Responsible for providing tax research and analyses for clients in diverse industries. Work closely with clients and provide managerial support to members of the Deloitte Tax team in order to understand each organization’s global goals and strategies and analyze how industry and economic trends affect the business. Oversee the delivery of tax planning services including preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns. Responsible for keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues, analyzing the client's business and tax systems, taking responsibility for clearing open items relating to assigned areas, and meeting client deadlines. Oversee the preparation of tax work papers and tax returns including extensions, estimates, and tax provisions. Provide day-to-day client service relationships and serve as the gateway to a variety of specialized tax services that can help improve compliance with taxing entities while maintaining each client’s overall tax risk profile. Work closely with clients and other members of the team to understand each organization’s global goals and strategies and how industry and economic trends affect the business. Identify complex tax issues and provide tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of experience providing corporate advisory services, including tax planning services, that involve tax technical research and analysis and/or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as stated above.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Researching, writing, and issuing tax memoranda, tax opinions, and analyses on principles of risk shifting/transfer, risk distribution, and the application of such principles to assess a company’s qualification as an insurance company for U.S. tax purposes;
- Applying international tax codes and regulations relating to CFC (“Controlled Foreign Corporation”), subpart F income, Global Low Taxed Intangible Income (“GILTI”), Foreign Tax Credits (“FTC”), and Base Erosion and Anti-Abuse Tax (“BEAT”) to companies within the insurance industry;
- Analyzing tax treatment and implications under subchapter L for property and casualty, life insurance, health plan organizations, and captive insurance organizations;
- Applying the life and nonlife consolidation principles of Treasury Regulations Section 1.1502-47 as well as overall consolidated return principles of Treasury Regulations Section 1.1502-13, 21, 22, 36, and 76 to insurance organizations;
- Analyzing tax accounting methods for self-constructing assets under IRC US Code section 263A;
- Analyzing tax attribute utilization under IRC US Code sections 382, 383, and 384, and the tax impacts of transactions under IRC US Code sections 351, 352, and 338 as applied to insurance companies;
- Preparing and reviewing insurance tax Forms 1120-L, 1120-PC, and 1120-F;
- Preparing and reviewing earnings and profits calculations and subpart F income analyses for insurance conglomerates;
- Preparing and reviewing PFIC (“Passive Foreign Investment Corporation”) statements, Form 5471, Form 926, Trust Return 1041, Form 1065, Form 1120, and Form 8865 for US investors; and
- Utilizing tax software, including Corptax, AS2, and EMS, to provide tax compliance, audit, and provision services to insurance organizations.
- Position requires approximately 10% travel.
Salary: $131,206.00 - $147,000.00/yearRecruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?