Manager Administrator, Prime Contracts (Southeast/Central)
Are you ready to apply your strategic and advisory level Contracts and analytical skills in a dynamic environment? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be a strategic business advisor to executive leaders? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! We are looking for Public Sector (State, Local, Higher Education and Commercial) experienced professional services Contracts Specialists, looking to move into a contracts role in support of large-scale contracts in a fast-paced business climate. If you are seeking a challenging role that promotes personal development and the opportunity to contribute to organizational success, consider a career with the Deloitte GPS Contracts Group.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the characteristic attributes shaping State, Local and Higher Education initiatives today. Deloitte’s GPS practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization to bring the full breadth of Deloitte - commercial, Federal, and public-sector expertise - to best support our GPS clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
The GPS Enabling Areas team provides specialized support such as proposal pricing to Deloitte’s internal business units by developing new products and services to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
Work you’ll do
As a Contracts Manager on our team, you will report to the Contracts Team Lead in support of new and existing business opportunities within the State, Local & Higher Education Practice. The role of Contracts Manager will need to be able to operate independently in the execution of the following key responsibilities:
- Serve as the expert business advisor on all facets of contract activities and handle complex/strategic high value contractual matters that have a direct impact on Firm revenue generation and retention.
- Manage assigned portfolio and address a wide variety of business challenges and develop applicable business strategies.
- Review applicable documents and data to create and transform information and data into business insights that drive business outcomes.
- Proactively anticipate internal and external customer requirements while clearly understanding customer objectives and goals.
- Effectively leverage multi-functional relationships/network to accomplish business objectives.
- Operate with an adept understanding of the organization and how to navigate it to achieve decisions, outcomes, or solutions.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of contracts and agreements, including Nondisclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, Engagement Letters, Professional Services Agreements, and Access Letters and State and Local Municipality Contracts.
- Complete comprehensive review of client contracts and terms and conditions to identify, mitigate, and eliminate unusual risks, liabilities, and remedies in accordance with Corporate policies and sound business judgment.
- Manage and monitor client deliverables, obligations, requirements, and service level agreements.
- Manage, maintain, track and communicate the key issues and status of contracts portfolio relative to contract requirements.
- Review and interpret RFP/RFQ documentation; identify and develop questions and assumptions based on the solicitation that impact Contract compliance and strategy.
- Develop, communicate, and execute contract and subcontracting strategies within.
- Manage, mentor and review work products of Contracts junior Contracts Personnel.
- Collaborate with other enabling areas to address complex contracts administration and proposal challenges.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years in professional service with a minimum of 5 years in one of the following disciplines (or combination thereof): professional services contracts, program control, financial analysis, market research, or consulting, focused on providing business strategies, competitive intelligence, or market research.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the use of Microsoft Office Applications with a strong focus on Excel for analysis and data presentation, and PowerPoint for developing effective presentations.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- Exceptional attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines and solicitation requirements.
- Excellent spoken, written communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deliverable centric team environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- At least 3 years of direct Contracts experience.
- Possess a deep knowledge of commercial domestic contracting principles and demonstrate expert proficiency in managing all aspects of the contracts management and administration functions across multiple business units.
- Understanding of the contract’s life cycle as well as contract types, including fixed-price, cost and T&M/FPLH. Contracts experience with GSA Schedules, BPA/IDIQs, Commercial and State & Local.
- Build multi-functional relationships/network and actively knowledge share through their network.
- Ability to independently align actions with strategic direction of the team.
- Take initiative to engage in team and organizational problem-solving.
- Actively knowledge share through formal or informal mentoring relationships.
- Previous experience in a state and local professional service contracting environment.
The ideal candidate will have solid State and Local Government Contracting skills, is innovative and creative when offering strategic contract guidance, and able to work both independently while assisting other team members. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills - specifically, the ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and demonstrate complicated contract and procurement concepts to others who may not have a solid grasp of the contracts arena.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $86,425-$177,470.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?