Business Solution Advisor (Consultant) - Brand Operations Services
Business Solution Advisor (Consultant) – Brand Operations Services, Restaurant, Grocery and Food Services Quality Field Examiner, Customer Experience Measurement
Location: 100% Field-Based Travel
Deloitte’s Brand Operations Services is looking for experienced food service industry professionals with excellent communication skills, judgment, and analytical abilities to execute consultative, quality assurance and food brand protection visits for our grocery clients. This is an excellent opportunity for professionals who are well versed in food safety or food service operations to use their industry experience to lead discussions and recommendations with restaurant and grocery clients on business priorities in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
In this role, the Field Examiner will travel to their assigned client and perform quality assurance and food brand protection examinations in accordance with the client program. This is a project-based position where the Field Examiner is assigned to a specific client or clients.
The Field Examiner may also be a key player in developing and, at times, leading client trainings for new hires and periodically throughout the client program.
Our business goal is to offer clients information and feedback regarding their customers’ experience. Clients served are within the grocery, quick service, and restaurant industry with multiple locations located through the US. The Field Examiner is responsible for contributing to the development of, as well as providing, this high-level advice and these recommendations to clients.
Work You’ll Do:
- Understand and contribute to the development of the client expectations and conduct the customer experience, quality, and food brand protection examinations to meet the unique expectations for their assigned client.
- The Field Examiner must become well-versed in the client’s business and specific client requirements, the details of the brand and customer experience, and the methods and procedures of Brand Operations Services.
- Ability to recite by memory client specific processes, requirements, and product verbiage while in a busy kitchen or grocery environment.
- Through rapport building, employee conversations and visual indicators, the Field Examiner must be able to independently uncover and recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement to line level and management personnel on deviations and opportunities within the restaurant’s process, product, and equipment.
- Taste various menu items throughout the day per the program requirements including meats, dairy, produce, gluten-based products, nuts, tree nuts, etc.
- Responsible for producing accurate and consistent evaluations that include written reports in English. Entering the results real-time into a native iPad application.
- Exercise high level of judgment in evaluating the client’s business operations and service delivery by determining and recommending areas of improvement, action planning and root cause analysis.
- The Field Examiner must interact with restaurant/location management to review assessment data and recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement.
- Provide important quality-assurance and food brand protection information to clients, while using discretion to determine areas where the quality of the client’s business operations can be improved.
- Exercise initiative in formulating improvements in established Brand Operations Services procedures. Provide recommendations to the Business Solution Analysis Lead to improve consultant tools, worksheets and training materials.
- Represent the company in important client meetings and interactions. Contribute to building strong client relationships through interactions with clients’ personnel in a professional manner and demonstration of industry and functional knowledge.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and conference calls on a regular basis as deemed by the Business Solution Analysis Leads / Manager
- Attend and contribute to client meetings and participate in client programs
The successful Field Examiner will possess:
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment by using industry knowledge and fully comprehending clients’ business models and need
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and present data to varying audiences
- Excellent command of English language (clearly speaking, reading comprehension, and writing) with strong analytic and presentation abilities.
- Skillful and fluid communication skills possessing the flexibility to communicate effectively with each client representative in the style and manner that they prefer.
- 2+ years of food safety auditing experience in retail food establishments
- Current ServSafe/CPFM training/certification or equivalent
- Restaurant/Grocery food safety knowledge and experience
- Ability to obtain CP-FS (Certified Professional Food Safety) within first 90 days of hire
- Verbal and written communication, analysis, and problem-solving
- Experience working in a customer service capacity
- Must be able/prepared to travel extensively throughout any region required by the client independently (100%, annually). May includes weekly flights and extensive daily driving
- Ability to obtain valid passport and/or valid travel documentation is required
- Ability to obtain valid US driver's license
- Must reside in close proximity to a major airport (< 50 Miles)
- Proficiency with all current technology and Microsoft Office programs, including, but not limited to:
- iPad / tablet / notebook / smartphone functionality
- Comfortable with both android and apple systems
- Ability to download and interact with mobile applications
- Comfortable utilizing tablet as extra display for laptop
- Laptop functionality
- Video conferencing software (i.e. Zoom)
- Ability to utilize multiple web applications (at least 3) at one time
- Microsoft Teams
- 3+ years leadership experience, preferably in an operations team lead or supervisory role
- BA/BS degree in Food Safety, Food Science, Culinary, Public Health, or related field
- Management Operations experience within the Food and Beverage, Hospitality, and/or customer service field
- Certified CP-FS (Certified Professional Food Safety)
- Training/facilitation experience targeted toward different learning styles and audiences
- Multilingual (Spanish & French preferred)
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $49,376 to $95,288.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?