Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Advisory Manager in San Jose, CA.
Work You’ll Do
Interface with internal audit, business, IT, and members of executive management to design and implement solutions. Participate in the oversight of large teams responsible for identifying and evaluating complex business processes and technology risks and evaluating/implementing internal controls that mitigate the risks. Under the supervision of upper management, guide the day-to-day operations of multiple engagements, including performing program assessments, determining internal plans, executing program redesigns, assessing issues, and working with management to determine remediation or improvement plans and track progress. Understand clients’ business environment, compliance programs, basic risk management approaches and develop workplans and reports to deliver solutions. Demonstrate knowledge of market trends and competitor activities, products, and service lines. Play lead role in designated tasks of project team in gathering, organizing, and analyzing data to develop relevant solutions for clients. Coordinate the utilization of people, processes, and technologies to improve effectiveness and help manage costs. Contribute to engagement planning and ensure that products/deliverables meet contract/work plans. Contribute to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel.
- Master's degree in Healthcare Administration, Health Policy and Management, Business Analytics, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of professional consulting services experience in the life sciences and healthcare industries.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Managing teams reviewing medical records and clinical documentation to assess compliance against criteria published by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) to confirm whether medical care given is in compliance with CMS rules and standards;
- Reviewing dental records and clinical documentation to assess compliance with Medicaid requirements and identifying potential non-compliant services and related billing, coding, and documentation practices;
- Performing business and compliance risk and internal control assessments for healthcare provider, plan and life sciences organizations to evaluate compliance with regulatory guidelines;
- Conducting compliance and risk assessments for healthcare provider, plan and life sciences clients to determine effectiveness of their compliance programs and assist with re-design and enhancement of program based on findings;
- Creating and managing deliverables, including reports of investigations, audits, and assessments to summarize findings for clients;
- Assisting with summarizing observations and recommendations for clients to ensure business processes comply with applicable federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and guidelines;
- Interacting with client personnel as the main point of contact to communicate project status updates, results, and findings of assessments and audits;
- Working with internal teams to develop end-to-end business solutions and toolkits to assist hospital and health system clients achieve goals based on their annual work plans;
- Utilizing healthcare management principles to assist with formulation of financial budgets for projects; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as stated above.
Position requires approximately 40% domestic travel. Salary: $124,280.00 – $194,413.00/yearRecruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?