Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager in New York, NY.
Work You’ll Do
Responsible for providing tax research and analyses for clients in diverse industries. Oversee day-to-day client service relationships and provide tax services to help improve compliance and maintain client’s overall tax risk profile. Work closely with clients and provide support to members of the Deloitte Tax team in order to understand each organization’s global goals and strategies and analyze how industry and economic trends affect the business. Oversee the delivery of tax planning services including preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns. Responsible for keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues, analyzing the client's business and tax systems, clearing open items relating to assigned areas, and meeting client deadlines. Oversee the preparation of tax work papers and tax returns including extensions, estimates, and tax provisions. Coordinate data gathering with various functions, gather data electronically and at the appropriate level of detail, and review data for completeness. Integrate data collection, review client financials, calculate preliminary taxable income and various tax return items, and review and sign off on tentative taxable income.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Law, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of tax auditing experience.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and tax returns;
- Preparing and reviewing federal, state, and local tax returns and quarterly estimated taxes for insurance companies using Corptax and ONESOURCE;
- Utilizing tax software and various research tools, including LexisNexis, BNA, and CCH, to provide tax compliance and consulting services to clients;
- Preparing and reviewing tax provisions under ASC 740 and SSAP 101 for public and non-public insurance clients, including calculating current and deferred taxes, analyzing and supporting tax basis balance sheets, assessing the impacts of valuation allowance and non-admitted deferred tax asset (DTA) provisions, providing management reporting and analysis, and preparing support and disclosures for external auditors;
- Preparing separate and combined state tax returns and federal Forms 1120, 1120-PC and 1120L;
- Applying Subchapter L regulations and identifying issues for insurance companies;
- Preparing tax provisions and statutory accounting for insurance companies in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) standards;
- Assisting multinational clients with tax implications related to international operations by identifying international tax issues, providing tax analysis and recommendations, preparing earnings and profits studies, assisting with US federal income tax compliance (Forms 5471, 8865, and 8858), and researching technical items; and
- Assisting with client communication on tax rules updates, addressing client questions, and identifying tax planning opportunities.
- Position requires approximately 50% domestic travel.
Salary: $78,300.00 – 161,300.00/year;
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?