Senior, Sustainability, Climate & Equity - Global Investment and Innovation Incentives, Grant Focused
Senior Consultant, Sustainability, Climate & Equity - Global Investment and Innovation Incentives, Grants focus
Our Global Investment and Innovation Incentives (“Gi3”) practice provides our clients a broad range of government grants, credits and incentives services across more than 150 countries and regions worldwide. With over 1,000 practitioners, the Gi3 tax team is a national team of specialists dedicated to providing comprehensive tax services.
If you have a passion for sustainability or environmental, social & governance (“ESG”) and have relevant experience in grant writing, grant management, or environmental sciences, Deloitte Tax LLP’s (“Deloitte Tax”) Gi3 service line may be the place for you! With the focus on climate and societal impacts, companies are increasingly focusing on decarbonization and reducing the environmental impact of their products, processes, and services. A career in the Gi3 practice will provide you with the opportunity to provide high-value sustainability services to some of the world’s largest companies in a variety of industries. Be on the cutting edge of a rapidly growing practice and work with a well-respected team of proven innovators!
Work you’ll do:
As a Senior Consultant within the Sustainability, Climate and Equity: Gi3 practice, you will primarily focus on supporting clients navigate grants with government agencies. Client management capabilities are critical, as are strong persuasive writing skills. Demonstrated experience of scientific writing is preferred, and writers with a scientific background (biology, chemistry, math, physics, software engineering, etc.) will be strong candidates. Familiarity with request for proposals and funding opportunity announcements (RFP/FOA) and submission systems is an advantage though not required.
Many businesses do not have the personnel or resources needed to keep up with the evolving legislation and governmental agencies’ initiatives in these areas, and you will play a key role in helping clients accomplish their ESG goals by understanding relevant government grants and incentives. You will work with an experienced and passionate team in a growing area focused on sustainability and ESG, proactively collaborating with colleagues across all member firms – Tax, Advisory, Consulting, and Audit and Assurance.
The ideal candidate is invested in the team’s success and effectively facilitates workstreams while working with leadership to identify process improvements and opportunities for new services. The Senior Consultant will ensure accurate, timely completion of deliverables. He or she will monitor current and proposed tax legislation and regulation related to sustainability and ESG, as well as implement client outreach strategies.
- Facilitate the grants workstream of engagements related to sustainability and ESG, including grants programs under the Department of Energy, the Department of Transportation, the US Department of Agriculture as well as others.
- Deliver value to clients by identifying opportunities and advise clients on potential benefit and eligibility requirements to qualify for government grants.
- Maintain and develop strong internal and client relationships.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and a quality-first mentality with respect to evaluating eligibility for various fact patterns and grant applications.
- Collaborate with member firms, including Advisory and Consulting, to execute work streams and coordinate on grant management for clients on a global basis.
- Identify potential issues and propose solutions to leadership, as well as implement process improvement strategies.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of engagement deliverables, which may include presentation decks, executive summaries, grant applications, supporting files, and memoranda.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax developments, specifically with grants programs and associated timelines, and work with the team to present potential opportunities to assist clients.
- As needed, pivot skillset to credits & incentives advisory.
- Develop and mentor team members.
- Provide support with various internal initiatives and special tax related projects.
We have dedicated tax professionals that are committed to executing on implementing our firm strategy with respect to supporting our clients with their Sustainability, Climate and Equity initiatives. The professionals that support this important Strategic Growth Offering are based in various service lines across tax. National Federal Tax Services (“NFTS”) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax made up of several tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of marketplace needs, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries. Gi3 is one of the largest and fasting-growing service lines within NFTS and in all of Deloitte Tax. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have a passion for providing value to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Data Analytics, Engineering, Emergency Management, Crisis Management, Risk Management, English, Business Administration, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, Geography, Geospatial Intelligence, Environmental Studies, Geology, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in related field (exception applies for master’s degree with 2+ years of experience)
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing and able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible, one of the other designations listed below based on role and business approval:
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA)
- Professional Engineer
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills, as well as exemplary persuasive writing skills
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and proactively develop internal and external working relationships
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Grant writing and/or grants management experience at the state and/or federal level
- Possess knowledge on the technical aspects of the federal grant program and will be expected to exercise independent judgement within the limits of applicable Federal and State statutes, regulations, policies and procedures
- Experience with Government Accounting, Grant Monitoring, and Procedure Development
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, LLM, or JD, or related field
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple, competing priorities
- Experience with tax technical research (e.g., CCH, Hein, Lexis, RIA, etc.)
- Experience with Federal or State and Local credits and incentives
- Experience with sustainability technologies or environmental sciences
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA or law firm experience
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $72,100 to $146,900.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?