Lead Cloud DevOps Analyst (Unix/Open Source)
Locations: Hermitage/Nashville, TN; Tampa, FL; Princeton, NJ
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Cloud DevOps Analyst (Unix/Open Source)
Preferred Locations: Tampa, FL, Princeton, NJ, Hermitage, TN
If you are passionate about how digital technology is transforming business, plan your next career move with Deloitte’s ITS Application Studios.
Deloitte’s breadth, depth, and scale, combined with our relentless passion for innovation create powerful opportunities to help our clients and our own organization stay ahead of change, deliver impact that matters, and transform complexity and disruption into lasting value.
Our teams are already leveraging Artificial Intelligence, analytics and cutting-edge capabilities to transform how we serve clients and operate our business. Moreover, the team is also actively exploring nascent applications such as IoT, Blockchain and AR/VR.
Work you’ll do
The DevOps group is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. We support business-lead software development while applying strategic and approved practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
We are developing and supporting innovative solutions that leverage the latest technologies in open source and the cloud and are building a team of top-notch DevOps Engineers to create our next generation platforms.
You will be working within a portfolio of applications that utilize all levels of technology, from backend data and front-end technologies, delivered through cloud technologies such as Azure!
You will work in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophes to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the following: rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/delivery, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development and product teams.
DevOps manages the application lifecycle management (ALM) tools that underpin all DevOps services and enable an efficient hybrid business/IT software delivery model. In your role as the Cloud DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the selection and implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and deployment of software. Your mission is to embrace continuous integration/deployment in a delivery pipeline that will perform automated quality checks, deploy cloud infrastructure and applications quickly, and provide operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams. An ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of development and operational experience that provides them with a good understanding of the developers they are working with, while also balancing customer satisfaction and maintaining critical systems uptime.
In addition, the individual will be expected to:
- Implement solutions provided by Cloud Architects, Development Architects and Sr. DevOps team members.
- Identify and proactively make recommendations for continuous improvement on DevOps services provided.
- Document the process and tasks being taught so it can be standardized and cross trained across the team
- Be active in the innovation required to evaluate and recommending new Cloud based technical solutions. This innovation should champion our mission of automation. Reliability engineering and making new technologies available for consumption by our development community
- Follow the team’s standards to create and manage an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops). Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
- Collaborate with DevOps engineers and Cloud architect to support development teams with a full set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
- Partner with development and operations teams to facilitate practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and wen required engage the resources to find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Deliver tasks based on project objectives; technically support projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality, documented and support transition of operational activities
- Collect and format the data required for established KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes.
- Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to DevOps processes and tools.
- And other responsibilities as required
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
- Cyber security
- Technology support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Application development and management
- Relationship management group
For more information on ITS, you can visit our dedicated recruitment page at https://usrecruiting.deloitte.com/-its-recruiting-for-experienced-hires.
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field, with minimum 5 year’s enterprise related experience as a DevOps or systems administrator/analyst in 24X7 uptime environment (Open Source/Unix). Demonstrated ability to quickly achieve a working acumen of new technologies.
- Intermediate level working knowledge of software development life cycle, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Intermediate level working knowledge of high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Experience with Git version control systems
- Experience in development with scripting languages
- Exposure to cloud vendors such as Azure and their components
- Exposure working with IaaS and PaaS services
- Experience with containerization and orchestration of web services.
- Working knowledge of related technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity
- Strong hardware and software diagnostic skills
- Project and system planning experience
- Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with rapid technology changes and complex customer requirements.
- Experience working in an agile development team with emerging technologies and changing business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to build solid relationships with team members and co-workers
- Enjoy working in a team environment and provide benefit to the team as a whole
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, including both written and verbal.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent customer requests.
- Self-reliant, self-motivated with a “can do” attitude.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and reliability of services provided.
- Ability to produce and maintain accurate documentation and operational reports.
- Desire to grow and develop new skillsets, becoming involved with new technologies
- Experience with MS-Office products to build presentations using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Hermitage/Nashville TN, Princeton NJ, or Tampa FL location required. 2-3 days each week required in office”.
- Demonstrated competencies in; system administration (Open Source Preferred), DevOps or systems knowledge, security protocols for client/server environment. Experience working with cloud based IaaS and PaaS solutions on a windows platform.
- Experience supporting the following Datastores/Databases: MS-SQL server, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?