ERP - Workiva Manager
Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
Join our team and begin tackling critical issues at all levels of government in a team-focused environment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth. Now more than ever, organizations need support to address pressing needs in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, assurance, and internal controls.
Accounting & Internal Controls (A&IC) is well-positioned to help our clients address their most urgent finance transformation needs. If you are interested in helping organizations effectively manage financial risks, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Are you a problem solver looking to join a dynamic team that utilizes cutting edge approaches and innovative technology to identify and mitigate emerging threats within our client’s environment? If you are interested in finding solutions for our clients without the extensive demands of travel, you should consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center (USDC)! We bring together cohesive teams with a focus on thought diversity and collaborative problem solving to address client challenges efficiently and effectively. The USDC is growing rapidly, and we are actively seeking the right professionals to join our team!
Work you’ll do:
- You will analyze, manipulate, and manage data to deliver meaningful insights necessary to help companies of all sizes and across multiple industries address regulatory and business challenges.
- Working with clients to understand business challenges and identify solutions to drive desired outcomes
- Leveraging Accounting Information Science (e.g., data and algorithms) to turn data into trusted business information
- Querying and analyzing small and large data sets to discover patterns and deliver meaningful insights
- Creating, managing, and utilizing structured and unstructured data stores
- Performing current state assessment of client accounting, data, and algorithm capabilities
- Leveraging tools to enable actionable decision making
- Developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing with specific focus on Workiva
- Focus accounting domain areas will include management/ cost accounting, intercompany accounting, consolidations accounting, accrual accounting, predictive accounting, and enterprise data modeling
- Mapping data flows and to identify optimal design and governance options as well as potential risks
- Developing business solutions leveraging emerging automation, cognitive, and machine learning tools. The Team Data can often hold the key to future growth opportunities for many complex organizations.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our team provides resources to help clients manage their core accounting and financial reporting functions, as well as solutions to help them achieve their controls and finance transformation aspirations. Our professionals keep up with emerging regulatory guidance along with industry and business trends to assist financial organizations. We develop solutions to data complexities to help our clients achieve optimal finance transformation and meet their digital controllership goals and objectives.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• 3+ years of technical or advisory-related experience in controllership, accounting, financial planning and analysis and cost accounting
• Prior experience working with and managing data sets, including extraction and merges from source systems, transformation, and application of algorithms (basic to complex)
• Workiva Certification
• Bachelor's Degree required in accounting, business, finance or another business-related field
• Experience in building finance and accounting models and using purpose-built solutions
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on work you do and the clients and the industries/sectors you serve
Master’s degree in Business, Technology or Math/Engineering
• Experience with Workiva
• Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/ gap analysis/ best fit, requirements gathering/ definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
• Experience in developing product costing standards and product cost analytics
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
Deloitte’s purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and in our communities. We are creating trust and confidence in a more equitable society. At Deloitte, purpose is synonymous with how we work every day. It defines who we are. We are focusing our collective efforts to advance sustainability, equity, and trust that come to life through our core commitments. Learn more about Deloitte's purpose, commitments, and impact.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
See more open positions at Deloitte
Something looks off?