Senior Consultant in Controllership - Deloitte Advisory
Unanticipated risks have great consequences for clients. That’s especially true today as new risks and complexities brought on by regulatory mandates, rapidly evolving technologies, and the digitalization of business operations are disrupting traditional business models. Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory’s Hybrid-Operate teams deliver next-generation managed services and advanced technology products to help organizations solve complex problems on a long-term basis. Teams do this by bringing together advanced analytics, robust domain knowledge and experience, and strong technology products to help clients monitor, manage, and measure their operational environment for risk.
Deloitte & Touche's Controllership Market Offering helps CFOs, CCOs, controllers, and business unit finance leaders in implementing the latest accounting changes; dealing with complex business issues and capital markets transactions; working to meet financial reporting needs and regulatory and investor expectations.
Work you’ll do
The Senior Consultant leads a team that performs accounting and reporting services for private funds such as private equity, fund of funds, real estate investment trusts and real assets including real estate, renewables, shipping, agriculture, aircraft, and timber.
- Oversight of Asset and/or Funds monthly/quarterly financial statement reviews, GAAP adjustments, variance analysis, Asset, and debt appraisals
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day client and team communications to manage and timely complete activities with a responsive and problem-solving mindset
- Ensuring preparation/review of Fund NAV and accounts
- Apply and advance your technical accounting knowledge for acquisition/divestiture of properties, assets in development stage, equity method investments, joint ventures, REITs, waterfalls, contributions/distributions
- Finalization of audited/non-audited fund financial statements; continually improve the level and content of reporting and communication
- Facilitate coordination of development draws, and due diligence activities for deal flow during the quarter
- Develop, maintain relationships and collaborating with all internal and external stakeholders including Fund/entity Auditors and administrators
- Developing competency among team members; Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff and lead and evolve training
- Work with the team to identify and understand their challenges, manage day-to-day client, and team relationships
- Assess performance and manage engagement level service level agreements
- Working with clients to identify solutions to drive desired outcomes
- Working within the team to identify solutions to drive desired outcomes such as deadlines, work product quality, automation, etc.
The successful Senior Consultant will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Independent thinker and resourceful problem solver with an ability to exercise mature judgment
- Takes ownership and drives toward a successful outcome
- Can see the big picture and naturally looks for what other client problems the team can solve
- Ability to work independently and in teams to manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills; including presentation, interpersonal communication, and facilitation skills
- Brings a genuine approach to day-to-day dealings that includes the highest ethical standard
- Acting as a leader in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple partners including external team
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working with teams across multiple geographies
The team: Controllership Financial Reporting team
Deloitte Advisory’s Controllership Financial Reporting team can help the organization in meeting their accounting and regulatory requirements. The team provides an extensive range of financial accounting and reporting services with a comprehensive industry-focused approach like quarterly and annual financial reporting, statutory and regulatory reporting including policy, production, SOX compliance and support, legal entity reporting preparation and filing, annual budgeting etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance /Accounting
- 4+ years of relevant experience with GAAP/statutory reporting in the real estate industry (REIT structures, real estate advisor, real estate funds)
- Proficiency in MS office including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Word
- Experience of working on various packages such as Yardi, ARC, Geneva, Investran, or similar
- Ability to travel up to 15%, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Active CPA License
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?