Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Advisory Manager in Pleasanton, CA.
Work You’ll Do
Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement. Oversee the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support service offering or industry projects. Manage the decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions. Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo, facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services. Play a substantive/lead role and engagement planning, economics, and billing. Oversee the retention of professionals, manage training efforts and play a substantive role in enhancing relationships with Deloitte & Touche and Deloitte Tax LLP professionals. Identify opportunities to cross-sell other services, demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, Deloitte & Touche products and service lines, and build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations. Manage the understanding of clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches as well as participate in proposal development efforts. Participate in "add-on" sales to client.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of experience providing business and technology risk advisory services.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Utilizing tools, applications, and platforms, including DMI tools, ITRM, Risk Catalog, RCSA, RTSC, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, and Excel;
- Performing third-party cyber risk assessments and ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley;
- Executing controls testing and performing Sarbanes-Oxley testing, and evaluating risk implications of internal controls testing;
- Testing the operating effectiveness of controls using accepted accounting and statistical procedures in accordance with the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) framework;
- Performing internal audits for business processes, including control design, operating effectiveness;
- Assisting with policy development and applying advanced business processes;
- Collecting supporting evidence, including documents, invoices, purchase orders, and contracts, to assess controls deficiencies, fraud, and non-compliance with International Accounting Standards (IAS) and SOX;
- Performing control gap analysis and reviewing testing performed by client personnel; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as stated above.
- Position requires approximately 90% domestic travel.
Salary: $136,405.00 - $144,200.00/yearRecruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?