Mid-Cyber Infrastructure Engineer - onsite Aurora or Colorado Springs (Top Secret required)
Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte’s Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you’ll do
- Support clients with data protection, IoT, and overarching cloud capabilities.
- Implement core and cloud infrastructure security to manage risks and exposure.
- Perform cyber reconnaissance to illuminate a potential attack surface area.
- Provide threat and vulnerability management to federal clients and teams.
- Analyze tactical network architectures and topologies to assess security risks.
- Work with other engineers to apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Consults on IT and cyber defensive architecture and technologies.
- Assesses assigned cyber key terrain to thoroughly understand the mission, architecture and associated threat.
- Advises on technical design and implementation of DCO capabilities required to effectively protect, detect and respond to cyber threats and attacks.
- Researches cyber defense technologies for best fit based on mission, architecture and current threat.
- Designs, implements, configures and/or tunes cyber defensive technology.
- Authors documentation to include SOPs, checklists, implementation guides, architecture diagrams, crew binders, etc. to support DCO.
- Adapts technologies to meet the mission architecture and threat.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things—not stopping them—and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Infrastructure is focused on rethinking how security is integrated across modernized infrastructure as cyber threats become more complex. If you’re seeking a career implementing, architecting, and—in select cases—handling next generation controls to manage security risks and exposure, then the Cyber Infrastructure team at Deloitte is for you.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Active Top Secret security clearance required
- Experience using cyber reconnaissance to support a federal client
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Experience utilizing software asset management
- Must be IAT III Certified - or willing to obtain certification within 30 days of employment
- 5+ years of technical experience in cyber-defense or cyber security related fields (e.g., engineering, networking, systems integration, solutions etc.)
- 5+ years of professional technical experience (these years may be in conjunction with #2). Experience years must come from at least 2 of the following areas:
- Experience with container or virtual environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, AWS)
- Experience with in-band and out-of-band test access points for network traffic collection and aggregation (e.g. Gigamon)
- Experience with Linux operating systems (Red Hat, Kali, etc.)
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Previous Security Operations Center experience
- Experience in mobile and endpoint security
- Certifications (e.g., CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISSP)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?