Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Advisory Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX.
Work You’ll Do
Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls that mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement. Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offerings or industry projects. Use technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services. Construct and assess high-level and detailed security programs translating business needs and regulatory requirements into cost effective and risk appropriate controls. Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability. Understand clients’ business environment and basic risk management approaches. Develop information security strategies and plans based upon generally accepted security standards. Utilize knowledge of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, business and information technology management processes, and market trends on client engagements. Generate innovative ideas and participate in decision making with engagement management. Build and nurture strong client relationships.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Mathematics, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of information technology and cyber risk experience, including Google Cloud security experience.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and debugging security issues in computer programs/scripts written in SQL, Python, Java, and Terraform;
- Analyzing cloud-based security controls, including user access groups and data encryption policies and procedures;
- Developing vulnerability management programs and utilizing custom weighted scores and CVSS scoring model to perform vulnerability risk scoring;
- Utilizing application development workflows, including Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, with a focus on the Agile development methodology;
- Developing testing use cases, creating test data and scenarios to support use cases, and utilizing application testing approaches, including unit testing, integration testing, and system testing for software platforms;
- Performing software deployment and configuration management procedures;
- Conducting gap analyses for cloud migration assessment, developing post-migration integration strategy, and interacting with cross-functional teams to procure and deploy systems to achieve target infrastructure architecture;
- Executing large scale cyber risk and security engagements across global customers by developing security strategies based on risk management and compliance requirements, while maintaining metrics on milestones, customer satisfaction, and profitability; and
- Developing enterprise frameworks based on industry best standards, including NIST, ISO, and contractual compliance requirements, that address key enterprise processes and assist in the evaluation of associated risks.
- Position requires approximately 50% domestic travel.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?