Manager, Solution Architect - DAS Project Omnia
Locations: Hermitage/Nashville, TN; Tampa, FL
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Manager, Solution Architect – Project Omnia
If you are passionate about how digital technology is transforming business, plan your next career move with Deloitte’s ITS Application Studios.
Deloitte’s breadth, depth, and scale, combined with our relentless passion for innovation create powerful opportunities to help our clients and our own organization stay ahead of change, deliver impact that matters, and transform complexity and disruption into lasting value.
Our teams are already leveraging Artificial Intelligence, analytics and cutting-edge capabilities to transform how we serve clients and operate our business. Moreover, the team is also actively exploring nascent applications such as IoT, Blockchain and AR/VR.
Work You’ll Do:
In your role, you will be responsible for envisioning and developing new digital products. You will execute day-to-day product development activities across design, development, stakeholder communication, technology vendor management and delivery.
- Manage clients, complex projects, drive business requirement gathering, manage scope and client expectations
- Designs long-term, reliable, and end-to-end technical architectures. Develop functional architecture design and contribute to product vision
- Transforms detailed requirements into a complete, detailed systems design document and Design consistent, extensible and integrated data access enterprise components across distinct data sources and platforms
- Supports creation of interface specifications and call flows for the various components in the design and build business intelligence from distinct integration points
- Provide inputs to create Agile user stories based on marketing business requirements
- Provide technical support for analysis of business requirements and applicability to the current or planned Platform/Enabler/API Platform capabilities
- Participate in E2E functionality assessment during Validation Testing phases (SIT, UAT)
- Experience with technical programming; capable of managing and overseeing teams designing, programming and implementing various technical solutions
- Serve as a technical liaison between the business, project team and developers/testers
- Work with IT infrastructure teams to deploy and maintain applications
Deloitte has revolutionized software and application delivery, creating a model that’s scalable, cost-effective, and leverages a progressive and responsive talent structure. As Deloitte’s primary internal development team, the application studios deliver innovative digital solutions to businesses, service lines, and industries with proven bottom-line results.
The 570+ applications in Deloitte’s enterprise application portfolio are created to solve highly complex business problems and lead in practitioner productivity in an increasingly mobile, interconnected, and rapidly evolving landscape. From true enterprise apps enhancing daily productivity to business-enabling systems, ITS Deloitte Application Studios teams enable Deloitte professionals—across business lines—to serve clients with distinction.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools which empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Experience/institutional knowledge developing Project Omnia
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline. While an advanced degree is preferred, the value is placed on the extent of the relevant experience and accomplishments
- 6+ years Industry experience, in architecture and delivery of software products and solutions.
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing off-prem public cloud (Azure) environments and architectures and operational models. Including developing cloud-ready solutions, like active-active and geo/regional resiliency with near zero RPO & RTO.
- 3+ years of experience with IaaS, 2+ Years with PaaS and experience with SaaS offerings
- 2+ years of experience with Public Cloud migrations
- In-depth architectural understanding of AZURE and are familiar with cloud native design patterns and DevOps principles (Infrastructure as Code).
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure, preferably designing and implementing off-prem cloud (Azure) or on-prem/private cloud virtualized architectures and solutions, including active-active and geo/regional resiliency with near zero RPO & RTO
- Strong experience in Relational and NoSQL databases (SQL Server / CosmosDB / MongoDB etc.)
- Strong experience developing with .Net framework.
- Strong experience in Angular/Angular JS, React JS and Node JS.
- Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms
- Experience with architecting large microservices based solutions.
- Experience with data modeling and normalization concepts.
- Experience with data visualizations tools like SSRS, PowerBI & Tableau.
- Experience architecting and building data marts, warehouses, etc.
- Experience working with different query languages (i.e. PL-SQL, T-SQL).
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration (i.e. Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding of development and project methodologies.
- Strong experience in leading architecture activities like designing, roadmap, & proof-of-concepts.
- Ability to manage multiple customers, complex projects, and multiple initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to travel 10-20%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited sponsorship may be available.
- Hermitage/Nashville TN or Tampa FL location required. 2-3 days each week required in office. Relocation assistance not available
- 5+ years in a data engineering role with demonstrable experience with Cognitive computing, data integration, data mining, Natural Language Processing, Hadoop platforms, and automating machine learning components.
- Strong knowledge in Machine learning and AI.
- Strong experience in Azure Big Data Technologies like Azure Data Lake, ADLA, HDInsights, Databricks, EsgynDB etc.
- Knowledge of Chatbot Frameworks and Microsoft Cognitive Services.
- Experience implementing and automating models created by data science teams (i.e. Spark, Scala, Hive, Python, R, etc.)
- Prior experience of mobile platforms Xamarin iOS, Xamarin Android, and Xamarin Forms
- Prior experience in e- commerce, EDI, B2B architectures
- Appropriate Cloud Certification is strongly preferred
- TOGAF or SEI – Software Architecture Certification etc.,
- Exposure to BI Tools - like Tableau, PowerBI, QlikSense and DI Tools like Informatica etc.,
- Experience working with SAFe or Agile development processes.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?