Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior in Chicago, IL.
Work You’ll Do
Support project teams in advising U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies and compliance through note taking to capture important details. Assist team leaders with day-to-day operations of practice including regulatory research and first level analysis. Perform data analysis utilizing Alteryx, Access, Excel, and Visio. Prepare, collect, and present international trade requirements to project management, internal practice, and clients with the goal of aligning the trade function with business objectives. Mentor and coach junior support staff in day-to-day project activities and conduct quality reviews of first-level analysis focused on global import/export compliance requirements to transform analysis into client ready deliverables. Schedule and facilitate calls with clients to align on project objectives, review project deliverables, and plan next steps. Support project teams in assessing and potentially automating their international trade management processes through data analytics platforms and/or Global Trade Management systems. Contribute experience with Enterprise Resource Planning systems to help importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chains. Assist in the planning and monitoring of project timelines, financials, and day-to-day project work and maintain close communication with clients and project management.
- Bachelor's (or Higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Education and Social Policy, Operations Management, Law, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience analyzing trade processes for multinational corporations.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Performing data extraction and transformation related to bill of material data for client ECC loads;
- Designing, building, and executing multiple workflows, including using Alteryx to complete analysis;
- Classifying goods and products for import according to Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS);
- Conducting post-entry reviews to test the accuracy of import documentation and identify any discrepancies with Customs laws and regulations to mitigate risk;
- Determining and validating Country of Origin requirements pursuant to Customs rules to qualify under special trade programs and to manage impacts of global tariff measures;
- Preparing and delivering memos detailing specific Country of Origin requirements, classification analysis, substantial transformation analysis, and recommendations;
- Assisting with development of import compliance training materials to help companies understand domestic and international trade requirements;
- Developing financial models to provide clients with in-depth planning capabilities, including calculating duty estimates and penalties; and
- Preparing documentation capturing business requirements and gap analysis for trade data or system requirements.
- Position requires approximately 25% domestic travel.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?