Advisory Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Advisory Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA.
Work You’ll Do
Compile and analyze data. Perform valuation of structured finance products using FAS 133 and FASB 157 fair value guidelines. Model cash flows for securitized transactions containing wide variety of underlying asset classes. Understand clients’ business environment and basic risk management approaches. Demonstrate general knowledge of market trends and competitor activities, products, and service lines. Participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand broader impact of current decisions. Build and nurture strong client relationships. Apply technical accounting standards, financial reporting, valuation techniques and methodologies for derivatives, quantitative risk assessment and forecasting models, structured finance transactions, cash flow modeling, data integrity, data modeling, statistical sampling, capital markets transaction support and due diligence.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of cost accounting and reporting experience.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Performing technical accounting research, including IFRS and GAAP codifications to determine the treatment of complex accounting issues, and documenting conclusions on various topics, including product cost, cost allocation method, inventories, capital investment, asset retirement obligations, and foreign currency matters;
- Performing fluctuation analyses of key financial accounts and matrices, including Other Cost of Sales (OCOS), Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), Sales, General and Admin expenses, and Inventories;
- Preparing and maintaining annual budgets and rolling forecasts, variance analysis, and trend analysis on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis for inventory and the manufacturing plant and analyzing costs of main business activities in terms of labor, inventory, and raw material purchases;
- Developing reports identifying factors and drivers affecting profitability and productivity, Inventory Reporting Metrics, and Capital Investment Analysis, and presenting the reports to management;
- Performing month-end financial closing and delivering key reports, including variance analysis reports and monthly operational reviews to management to support decision making;
- Performing cost accounting and setting manufacturing standards on an annual basis;
- Analyzing data to determine cost of business activities and cost impacts from changes in business activities; and
- Calculating foreign currency impacts on a monthly basis and reporting FX neutral.
- Position requires approximately 50% domestic travel.
- Salary: $82,208.00 - $137,013.00/year.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?