Federal Accounting, Solution Analyst (Remote Role)
Are you a problem solver who likes to figure out what lies behind the financial numbers? Are you interested in a role that offers an opportunity to provide front line support to our clients? Join our team and begin tackling critical issues at all levels of government in a team-focused environment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth. Now more than ever, organizations need support to address pressing needs in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, assurance, and internal controls. Accounting & Internal Controls (A&IC) is well-positioned to help our clients address their most urgent finance transformation needs. If you are interested in helping organizations effectively manage financial risks, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Work you’ll do:
- Assist clients with optimizing their accounting and financial reporting operations
- Advise our clients on technical accounting and internal control matters
- Implement technical solutions to improve financial management activities
- Assist with financial statement compilation and reporting efforts
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and other ideas to solve client issues
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Assist in proposal development, as needed
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
- Support ad hoc requests such as researching topical accounting/auditing issues, developing and reviewing position papers, providing integration support, etc
- Identify ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness of financial business processes
- Assist clients in analyzing projects and programs to identify risks and help develop, apply, and monitor mitigations
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- This is a Remote role, which can be based near any of our US Deloitte office locations
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our team provides resources to help clients manage their core accounting and financial reporting functions, as well as solutions to help them achieve their controls and finance transformation aspirations. Our professionals keep up with emerging regulatory guidance along with industry and business trends to assist financial organizations. We develop solutions to data complexities to help our clients achieve optimal finance transformation and meet their digital controllership goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited United States college or university (Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Systems)
- Consulting experience in any of the following areas: business process improvement, financial management policies and procedures, financial system integrations, etc.
- Experience performing financial statement audits and/or auditability assessments
- 1+ year of experience improving government accounting and transaction processes
- Travel up to 10%
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Possess Interim Secret or Secret Level clearance, highly preferred
- Knowledge of OMB Circular A-134 or A-11 documentation testing and reporting requirements
- Certifications including: CPA, CDFM, CGFM, CFA, CIA
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $60,000 to $95,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
How you'll grow:
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?