Manager - Application Architect .Net and Azure and AWS Cloud Expertise - DAS F&A
Primary Location: Hermitage, TN
The Application Architect is involved in many aspects of a customer engagement; from the collaboration with other team members and customers to determine the best solution for a particular engagement to the design, development and delivery of software products in Azure and AWS Cloud Platform. Architect owns every technical aspect of the project(s) and acts as the liaison between the customer and the development team in leading the projects, managing releases, requirements and product backlogs from the technical standpoint.
Work you’ll do
A unique opportunity to be a passionate, innovative, results-oriented technology leader with heart-deep commitment to success to be a part of our Solutions Delivery team. This role requires web application architecture design leadership for various lines of business and enterprise applications. Responsible for web application architecture, service architecture, and technical design for high performance and scalability in a distributed, multi-tier and cross-platform mobile environment. Regularly supervises the day-to-day activities of a group of employees. Responsible for providing individual contributions, providing design and architecture to the team, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring application of policies and procedures. May also be responsible for performing the work being supervised from the technical standpoint. The key responsibilities, academic and skill set requirements and experience are as follows:
- Providing technical and architectural leadership for Microsoft .NET web applications by leveraging Azure Cloud services
- Create Architecture and Design documentation for the applications and present them to the review board
- Collaborating frequently with clients to provide cloud solutions and assistance; and working with these customers to understand their requirements for cloud implementations that add the most value to their business.
- Create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, design documents and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address customers' requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance and leverage existing investments in Azure platforms.
- Designing, developing, implementing, and releasing high quality custom software solutions using Scrum.
- Creating project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Leading technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, etc., and detailed design specifications to ensuring that architecture standards are followed.
- Applying the very best technical agile patterns and practices when building custom software solutions.
- Working under some supervision from a Solution Architect, but will be expected to work independently on complex, non-routine tasks and projects. You may interact with end users and other technical personnel to identify and correct issues.
- Maintain continuous, open, consistent professional communication with customers, peers and team members. Openly listen to others and confirm understanding to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Reviewing and approving 3rd party and integration solution architecture based on established enterprise application strategy.
- Communicating implications of architectural decisions, issues and plans to business and IT Leadership.
- Defining and validating non-functional (technical) requirements, and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture/design.
- Providing support / guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes.
- Providing input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, when needed.
- Working closely with Performance Engineering and our Web/Infrastructure Technology teams on defining the deployment architecture.
- Participating, and technically leading when needed, production troubleshooting and 'War Room' Activities.
- Learn, learn, and learn by staying up-to-date on all technical developments related to Azure and other public cloud platforms.
- This role is expected to generally work in India business hours with occasional off-hours status meetings with the on-shore team
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Education qualification: BE /B Tech / MCA / MSc / M. Tech.
- 10+ years of IT experience in application development and maintenance activities with Microsoft technology stack
- 5+ years of experience as an architect
- Experience in architecting complex Enterprise grade solutions in cloud environments.
- Experience in developing of IT architecture plans and software development methodologies.
- Experience in handling architectural needs of a system like conceptual architecture diagrams, design proposals, arriving at non-functional requirements, capacity planning, landscape planning, estimations, cross platform compatibilities, authentication & authorization mechanisms, project release & business continuity plans, reviews and technology governance.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of .NET Framework & SharePoint development techniques
- Microsoft SQL Server and other most common backend Microsoft technologies. Well versed with all SQL concepts.
- Expertise on Object Oriented Analysis & Design.
- Design, Implement and deployment experience in 4 or more of the following:
- Azure PaaS technologies such as:
- Azure Web App
- Azure API App
- Azure Functions
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure SQL,
- Azure Cosmos DB,
- Azure Storage,
- Azure Service Bus,
- Azure Service Fabric,
- Azure Cognitive Services (ML, AI, RPA, Bots, OCR & NLP)
- Azure App Service Environment,
- Azure Redis Cache,
- Azure Key Vault,
- Azure Visual Studio Team Services,
- Azure AD / MFA etc.
- Well versed in designing and building Azure solutions that include high availability, multi-region and multi-set architectures using virtual networks, availability sets and affinity groups.
- Well versed in Anguar UI technology
- Insights and Diagnostics using Azure Log Analytics for both on-prem and Azure cloud environments
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
- Strong team skills including the ability to lead and be a team player
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Azure PaaS technologies such as:
- Client facing and exposure to onshore offshore delivery model
- Experience in working in a global environment involving multiple development sites on various time zones.
- SAFe Agile development environment especially SCRUM using ADO.
- Capable of building sustainable relationships with colleagues and key individuals.
- Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions.
- Desire to take the initiative, moving projects/ideas forward with clarity.
- Adept negotiation skills in high-pressure situations.
- Leadership skills to indirectly lead cross-functional teams towards common solutions.
- Certifications in SAFe, Scrum, TOGAF (or any other architecture related)
- Ability to travel 0-5%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
Recruiter Tag: #LI-DD1
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?