Cyber Security Engineer
Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte’s Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Consultant within our Cyber Risk team, you will:
- Work with Government & Public Services clients to mitigate cyber risk and threats
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Assist in proposal development, as requested
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks
- Understand how business functions operate and how industry trends impact a client's business
- Assessing or developing an organization's cyber risk strategy and posture, as it relates to data risk, cyber risk management, cyber risk frameworks and policies, and/or cyber risk measures, methods, and reporting
- Strategically drive the development and execution of risk assessments and mitigation plans to enhance the client's ability to identify, evaluate, prioritize, and mitigate risks
- Implement risk management solutions aligned to the client's vision and strategic priorities
- Deliver key messages with clarity, confidence, and poise to instill confidence in clients
- Drive development and implementation of cyber strategies targeted on key client's risk and business needs, and enhanced by leading practices
- Develop impactful reports and presentations that support the achievement of engagement goals and objectives
- Execute large scale cyber risk and security engagements across global customers by developing security strategies based on risk management and compliance requirements while maintaining metrics on milestones, customer satisfactions and profitability
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things—not stopping them—and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Strategy, Defense and Response (SDR) focuses on helping federal clients design and implement transformational enterprise security programs with an emphasis on defending against, recovering from, and mitigating major cyberattacks. If you’re seeking a career that increases cyber awareness, utilizes risk management programs, and develops strategies for cyber defense and response, then the Cyber SDR offering at Deloitte is for you.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 years’ experience and thorough understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) lifecycle to include a working knowledge of the each of the stages within the process.
- Possess an understanding of secure configuration management
- Malware and endpoint protection
- Vulnerability Management and remediation
- 3-5 years' hands-on experience with security tools such as: Palo Alto Firewall, Fortify WebInspect, Tenable Nessus, Qualys, f5 Load Balancing, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Working knowledge of common assessment & authorization (A&A) application platforms e.g. eMASS, CSAM, Xacta, is preferred.
- Ability to obtain & maintain the required security clearance if needed.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Previous Federal Consulting experience
- Understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts
- Experience with Information Assurance concepts and processes within the Federal government
- CISSP, CEH, CISM or CISA certifications
- Strong architecture, network and infra security, or next gen security expertise (agile/hybrid agile, cloud)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?