Cyber Operations Engineer (On-Site - Colorado Springs, CO)
Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte’s Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you’ll do
- Consult with client on design, architecture and implementation of cyber solutions.
- Engineer, implement, configure and tune IT infrastructure in support of cyber solutions. IT infrastructure includes compute, memory, storage, server hardware, desktop hardware, thin/zero clients, routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, etc.
- Automate range scenario deployment leveraging infrastructure, virtualization, custom scripting, development, etc.
- Maintain and continuously improve infrastructure deployment for efficiency, resilience, availability and speed.
- Research and analyze available technology for integration into environment.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things—not stopping them—and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Infrastructure is focused on rethinking how security is integrated across modernized infrastructure as cyber threats become more complex. If you’re seeking a career implementing, architecting, and—in select cases—handling next generation controls to manage security risks and exposure, then the Cyber Infrastructure team at Deloitte is for you.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Active Secret security clearance required
- Role requires candidates to be on-site in Colorado Springs, CO.
- 2 years of cyber security experience with emphasis on range development and 2 years of experience with SIEM/IDS/IPS (Elastic Stack, Splunk, HBSS, or equivalent).
- Strong background /familiarity with Windows and Linux command line, networking, traffic analysis and MITRE ATT&CK matrix Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) required.
- Strong background in virtualization software and enumeration. Experience with VMware VSphere, VMware ESXI, or similar products required.
- Background in server configuration
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Previous Security Operations Center experience
- Experience in mobile and endpoint security
- Certifications (e.g., CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISSP)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?