Software Engineer, Manager - Tax Analysis & Debt Investments (TARDI)
You’re a full stack software engineer and problem solver who enjoys hands-on development. You are passionate about new technologies, new ideas and new ways of thinking! You want to lead teams in an onshore/offshore model, be challenged, and realize growth opportunities!
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
The Partnership Solutions Group (PSG) is a service line of NFTS and one of the fastest-growing practice groups in all of Deloitte Tax. PSG professionals counsel privately-held and publicly-traded partnerships across the United States on a wide-range of federal tax issues involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings, post-offering compliance, and process design and improvement.
One of our fast-growing, unique service offerings is our Tax Analysis & Information Reporting for Debt Investments (TARDI) practice. Those pursuing investment opportunities in corporate/government debt, MBS, and ABS markets are consistently challenged to properly address the tax planning and compliance that can apply. This quickly becomes a task that is often heavily dependent upon effective data management and a knowledge of financial products and tax principles. Through a combination of calculation, reporting, and data management tools developed by Deloitte's TARDI practice, we can assist with the complex tax and reporting needs of large portfolios of fixed income investments.
Work you’ll do
As a software developer – Manager on our NFTS – PSG - TARDI team, you will assist with the design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new data-driven, web-based applications.
- Be a significant, hands-on contributor to the team with passion in problem solving
- Provide support for existing systems.
- Work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end web or windows-based solutions for moderate to complex projects.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development and create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
- Document new developments, procedures, or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development.
- Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools.
- Support system testing by following up on and closing defect tickets in a timely manner.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to testing and production environments.
- Work with business stakeholders to define the product roadmap, negotiate technical needs vs. new features, estimate the work, and deliver on it
- Supervise and mentor junior team members and interns in U.S. and offshore
- Coach the team in engineering the best practices
- Coach the team on Agile practices, including Daily Scrums, retrospectives, planning, and grooming sessions, to operate and thrive as a high-performing team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, similar technical field of study
- 5+ years of progressive experience with Software Engineering
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: C/C++, C# or Java
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms and databases.
- Experience with Source Control – Preferrable GIT
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Ability to work independently, virtually as well as work onsite at either the McLean, VA or New York, New York office once or twice a week.
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible, one of the other designations listed below based on role requirements and business approval:
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA)
- Professional Engineer
- Technology Certification including, but not limited, to the below:
- CBAP - Certified Business Analysis Professional
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft MCSD Certification
- Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt)
Core Competency Requirements
- 5+ years of experience leading the design and development of enterprise-grade products following test-driven development practices, building test plans, unit tests, and automated testing frameworks
- Experience working with one or more from the following: web application development, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET development using C#
- Experience with at least one modern architecture design, such as Microservices
- Experience with Cloud Computing
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Experience with design patterns and architectural patterns
- Experience with agile development methodologies and version control concepts
- Ability to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
Preferred Competency Requirements
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) or Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Experience developing ASP.Net web services, windows services, and WCF
- Experience developing WPF windows application
- Experience with Visual Studio 2015 or higher
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Experience with SQL Server 2014 or higher
- Experience with computationally demanding solutions
- Experience working on Agile development methodology and SCRUM processes
- Experience working in Financial Services environment
- Experience working in consulting environment
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $109,200 to $239,200.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?