Senior, Tax Analysis & Debt Investments
Interested in taking your tax and business experience to a whole new level? Want to work with some of the leading hedge and private equity firms, insurance companies, and banks in the world?
Work You’ll Do
As a Tax Senior in this group, you will be responsible for asset-level diligence and analysis on debt investments, preparation and/or review of debt taxable income calculations, preparation and/or review of debt taxable income reports, communicating with clients, their servicers and/or administrators and coordinating staff level client resources. Specific responsibilities include:
- Calculating taxable income on debt investments including OID, market discount, premium, gain / loss, tax basis, and other items using Deloitte’s proprietary TARDI software and tools.
- Leveraging proprietary software, third party data providers, and credit agreements to research asset level debt origination terms for corporate bond portfolios, mortgage-backed security portfolios, and mortgage loan pools.
- Working with monthly client provided trading data to review, transform, process, and reconcile tax specific transactional data within the TARDI software.
- Performing tax research to address tax technical issues that arise related to debt investment related transactions.
- Developing requirements for TARDI system enhancements and ongoing testing of TARDI system calculations, processes, and reporting.
- Supporting pursuit of new client opportunities through review of prospective client debt holdings, development of marketing decks, and analysis of industry public filings.
- Working within a team and supporting and mentoring junior staff.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
One of our fast-growing, unique service offerings is our Tax Analysis & Information Reporting for Debt Investments (TARDI) practice. Those pursuing investment opportunities in corporate/government debt, MBS, and ABS markets are consistently challenged to properly address the tax planning and compliance that can apply. This quickly becomes a task that is often heavily dependent upon effective data management and a knowledge of financial products and tax principles. Through a combination of tools developed by Deloitte's Securitization and Partnerships Solutions practices, we can assist with the complex tax and reporting needs of large portfolios of fixed income investments.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, MIS, or related field required
- 3+ years tax analysis experience
- At least 1 year of practical knowledge in fixed income financial products, income tax principles and/or project management
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Ability to work independently, virtually as well as work onsite at either the McLean, VA or New York, New York office once or twice a week.
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, or LLM
- Big 4 experience or equivalent
- Experience serving clients or directly working within the financial services industry.
- Experience with VBA, C#, SQL, Access, and/or Python
- Financial modeling skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with management and executive presence
- Problem solving capabilities
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York City, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to New York City and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $95,900 to $178,100.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?