Senior Manager, Finance Business Partner
Senior Manager, GPS Finance Business Partner - Deloitte Services LP
Are you ready to apply your financial and analytical skills in a dynamic environment? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be a strategic business advisor to executive leaders? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of experienced Government and Public Services (GPS) financial professionals who support financial planning and analysis for the GPS practice in a fast-paced business climate. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in GPS Financial Planning & Analysis at Deloitte.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Business Partner organization provides specialized finance-related services in support of the business leaders of the firm. The Senior Manager Business Partner will support the organization in meeting the financial demands and needs of their designated business.
In providing finance-related services to the business:
- Lead a team of US and India-based professionals, ensuring the quality and timeliness of deliverables and fostering a collaborative culture of continuous improvement.
- Explain, present and analyze the financial performance of the business.
- Provide meaningful, actionable insights, advice, and recommendations on historic and the future financial performance to Business’ leadership.
- Drive a robust annual planning and periodic forecasting process that produces objective and achievable targets that align with business’s strategic objectives.
- Participate in strategy development and facilitate the long-term financial planning process.
- Deliver timely financial analytics and business counsel to measure business performance against strategic and financial priorities.
- Support the business in protecting, growing and optimizing the assets of the Firm.
- Continuously improve FP&A’s organizational efficiency and effectiveness by leading internal change initiatives as part of the team
- Support federal compliance initiatives including analyzing direct and indirect rates, documenting and reviewing compliance processes and procedures, and other activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related subject
- 10+ years of relevant finance experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Working with various organization teams and leadership
- Problem solving skills
- Quality and risk management
- Project and change management
- Business process improvement
- Formulating and delivering action plans for high profile strategic initiatives
- Developing innovative solutions to business issues
- Experience with SAP Analysis for Office, SAP Business Client and other financial applications
- Advanced in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Must be able to work with a team that is primarily based in east coast time.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Familiarity with government contracts
- Familiarity with a matrix organizational structure
- Professional services financial experience
- Experience working with offshore and remote teams.
Capability & Skillset Requirements
- Accountability for Results: Holds self-accountable for ensuring that results are achieved; Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision; Acts on items beyond formal job responsibility; Sets high expectations for self and others.
- Communications: Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to create as well as deliver effective presentations
- Creating Quality Deliverable: Establishes deliverable structure and content; Reviews deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations; Implements and enforces high standards for quality deliverables.
- Developing thought leadership / innovative ideas: Generates innovative ideas that are sound and progressive; Challenges the status quo; Fosters creativity throughout Finance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Providing Exceptional Client Service: Manages self to provide exceptional client service by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality, accountability, and integrity.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, positive professional attitude, integrity, reliability, and leadership.
- Building Rapport: Leads by example; actively listens; Respects the opinions and perspectives of others; Demonstrates strong personal commitment to others; clearly states thoughts, ideas, and expectations.
- Decision-making: Decision making skills, and ability to challenge, negotiate, and influence
- Accounting: Understanding GAAP and firm accounting policies and procedure
How You’ll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you are applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $113,100 to $151,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?