Transformation Lead in Controllership - Deloitte Advisory, Deloitte & Touche LLP
Unanticipated risks have great consequences for clients. That’s especially true today as new risks and complexities brought on by regulatory mandates, rapidly evolving technologies, and the digitalization of business operations are disrupting traditional business models.
Deloitte’s Controllership Market Offering helps CFOs, CCOs, controllers, and business unit finance leaders respond to a variety of complex business issues. From implementing the latest accounting changes to understanding and solving for intricate capital market transactions, Controllership teams work with these business leaders to meet financial reporting needs, regulatory imperatives, and investor expectations.
Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory’s Hybrid-Operate teams deliver next-generation managed services and advanced technology products to help organizations solve complex problems on a long-term basis. Teams do this by bringing together advanced analytics, robust domain knowledge and experience, and strong technology products to help clients monitor, manage, and measure their operational environment for risk.
As the Transformation Lead, you will manage a team working to perform accounting and reporting services for real estate investment vehicles and enhance the technology and workflow products your team is using and drive towards increased efficiency and automation. This is a fast-paced exciting opportunity to join a growing business, with opportunities to both give and receive coaching and career development.
Work you’ll do
- Design and implement changes to technology environments and workflows
- Document issues and sequence requested enhancements from the business and other stakeholders in order of importance
- Draft enhancement requirements, mockups and success criteria based on business requirements
- Act as product and development manager for configuration and requested builds, act as the liaison from the business and developers
- Prepare and gather required enhancement documentation for budget and timing approval
- Update technology project plans and track sprints for planned enhancements
- Lead touchpoints on enhancement progress throughout sprints
- Test enhancements and approve releases
- Act as the point person for our business teams related to technology and workflow products
- Conduct work sessions to address any questions from the team
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external team members about technology issues and requests, escalating where necessary
- Investigate technology issues by running queries, reviewing source data, and referencing logic to analyze the root cause
- Manage relationship between the business and technology team:
- Lead weekly touchpoints and escalate issues where necessary
- Communicate regularly with technology consultants to discuss process inefficiencies
- Attend monthly close debriefs to note feedback and develop action plans
- Manage and develop competency and overall careers of team members
- Provide coaching and deployment opportunities to staff
- Lead and enhance training to help the team understand challenges and client relationships
The successful Manager will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Independent thinking and resourceful problem solving, while meeting the highest ethical standard
- Experience with leading teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and take ownership
- Strong project management experience, with the capacity to see both the overall picture and detailed views of a project
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders and juggle multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience of working with teams across multiple geographies
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance /Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in system implementation, development of sprint cycles and stabilization of new technology rollout
- 5+ years of relevant experience with GAAP/statutory reporting in real estate (REIT structures, real estate advisor, real estate funds)
- Experience with:
- System implementation and development sprint cycles
- Various accounting packages such as Yardi, ARC, Geneva, Investran, or similar
- Proficiency in MS office including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Word
- Ability to travel up to 15%, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?