Accounts Receivable Manager
E-Government Public Sector-Enabling Areas- Government Public Sector Accounts Receivable Manager
Are you a numbers person with a keen eye for detail? Do you enjoy digging into financial data and exercising your analytical skills? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Our team of experienced Government Public Sector Accounts Receivable Specialists work alongside other Government Public Sector Finance professionals and Government Public Sector Contracts experts to manage Deloitte’s accounts receivables through timely and compliant billing of Deloitte’s Government Public Sector clients. If you’re seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work with cutting edge financial tools in a dynamic environment, consider a career with Deloitte’s Government Public Sector Accounts Receivable team.
Work you’ll do
As a Government Public Sector Accounts Receivable Manager within our team you will:
- Manage accounts receivable for a portfolio of Government Public Sector client accounts, to include
- Briefing contract billing data to support project setup in the financial system
- Monitoring unbilled receivables and aging accounts receivable
- Resolving complex receivable issues (i.e., contract close-out, general ledger cost postings)
- Collaborating with other Finance and Government Public Sector Contracts managers to manage contract accounts receivable
- Oversee operational billing processes performed by a team of Government Public Sector AR Analysts, including
- Billing calculations and record keeping in accordance with contract terms and conditions, Deloitte policies, and applicable regulations and statutes (e.g., FAR, DFAR, Fly America, Lowest Available Airfare)
- Reviewing booked to billed reconciliations.
- Archiving of invoice supporting documentation
- Managing invoice adjustments (i.e., overpayments, invoice cancellations, rate adjustments)
- Posting invoices to the general ledger
- Performing quality reviews
- Facilitate training and provide guidance to a team of Government Public Sector Accounts Receivable Analysts
· Respond to Government Public Sector regulator and/or 3rd party audit requests, to include voucher reviews, contract or funding close-outs and/or business system audits
· Recommend and implement financial controls and process improvement solutions to meet contractual requirements, in accordance with Deloitte policies and Government Public Sector statutes and regulations
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Government Public Sector government initiatives today. Deloitte’s Government Public Sector practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Government Public Sector practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Government Public Sector marketplace.
The Government Public Sector Enabling Areas team provides top notch support to Deloitte’s internal business units by developing new products and services to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other business-related field
· 5 to 10 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Management
· 5 to 10 years of relevant Government Public Sector (Federal, State, Local and Higher Education) client/contracting experience in an accounting process, such as invoicing, general accounting, finance, account reconciliations and analysis
· Experience with online invoicing systems such as WAWF/iRAPT, IPP, MPO, HHMSA
· Knowledge of FAR/DAR/JTR/GSA
· Advanced Excel skills
· Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment, including managing virtual teams
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Extremely detail oriented and organized
· Ability to multi-task
· Strong time management skills
· Previous experience in a Government Public Sector professional services contracting environment
· Deltek Costpoint experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $88,800 to $125,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?