Audit & Assurance Analytics Specialist Senior
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Audit & Assurance Analytics Specialist Senior in Tampa, FL.
Work You’ll Do
Work with individual audit engagement teams to scope and plan the audit activities and participate in data strategy discussions and applying substantive procedures, leading staff in the deployment of the risk assessment analytics. Lead and review audit analytics and data visualization efforts using data mining, pattern matching, data visualization to produce analysis throughout the audit process. Assist in the design of the approach to audit analytics solutions and oversee and review the completion of project deliverables to help ensure data integrity and project alignment. Work with Industry Professional Practice Directors (IPPD's), Deloitte’s National Office, individual audit engagement teams, client personnel, and firm leadership to transform delivery of audit services to clients. Collaborate with IT teams to identify and extract data from ERP systems, including SAP and Oracle and review SQL, SAS, Trifacta, ACL, and R scripts, and Tableau visualization to join multiple datasets and verify for completeness and accuracy and enable analysis to identify characteristics and patterns of audit interest, anomalies, and emerging risks. Review development and testing analytics that provide more efficient and extensive population coverage and design and deploy data visualization dashboards to support risk assessment and substantive testing. Execute standard data workflows for audit teams that begin with receiving raw data, perform data prep procedures using a variety of tools (including Trifacta, SAS, R, and ACL), and deliver Tableau dashboards to the audit teams. Assess and review findings to present recommendations to the audit team(s) to enable critical decision making. Lead and review the process to extract, load and transform data scattered across multiple sources utilizing the benefits of data warehousing, data architecture, table structure, fact, and dimension tables, reporting process, and ETL processes. Review and assess solutions developed through predictive analytics, cognitive analytics, or machine analytics to address audit client issues. Document procedures performed on each project for audit purposes to ensure that work performed meets high audit quality standards and allows for work to be repeatable by another team member in a future period. Train junior staff on how to execute procedures, troubleshoot issues, and work independently on projects. Will commute within the Tampa, FL area to consult with clients regarding the above job duties.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Information Systems, Statistics, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- One year of experience in developing data analysis within technical environments, including Tableau, Power BI, and Excel.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Working with IT teams to identify and extract data from ERP systems, including SAP and Oracle;
- Developing SQL, SAS, DSL, ACL, and R scripts, and running scripts to join multiple data sets and verify for completeness and accuracy;
- Developing and testing analytics that provide more efficient and extensive population coverage and designing and deploying data visualization dashboards to support risk assessment and substantive testing;
- Developing queries and test scripts aimed at identifying characteristics and patterns of audit interest, anomalies, and emerging risks;
- Designing descriptive statistical data analysis using mean, variance, regression analysis, cluster analysis, standard deviation, correlations, and time series analysis;
- Populating Tableau dashboards to visualize patterns, identify anomalies, profile, and reveal relationships from client data for audit planning and testing;
- Designing standardized Power BI dashboards and step-by-step guides to be used as self-service templates for audit teams to perform audit risk assessment efficiently;
- Cleansing and transforming client financial data provided in PDF and report formats into analysis-friendly formats for audit testing and documentation;
- Developing queries and test scripts aimed at identifying transactional and operational patterns and emerging risks; and
- Utilizing standard industry datasets to perform statistical analysis of financial data.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?